DX NetOps

• 1.  WebGUI 4 Spectrum Service Dashboard

Posted Feb 07, 2018 04:35 AM

I need to make the Spectrum Service Dashboard contents available using webGUI and/or mobile App. What is the best and simplest solution? JasperSoft?

/Roberth

• 2.  Re: WebGUI 4 Spectrum Service Dashboard

Posted Feb 07, 2018 09:12 AM

I would give UnifiedCABI a try if you're in the latest Spectrum version. You have the possibility to get information using Spectrum REST webservices I guess. I'm wondering if there's no way to get the applet directly as it's possible for topology...

• 3.  Re: WebGUI 4 Spectrum Service Dashboard

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 07, 2018 09:23 AM

There are some portlets that come with Spectrum to monitor service health ( Monitoring Service Management Components with Unicenter Management Portal - CA Spectrum - 10.2 to 10.2.2 - CA Technologi…  ) but they were built for the old Unicenter Management Portal.  I've tried accessing the portlets stand alone but you get a Java stack trace instead.  I suspect it's because they haven't been updated in quite some time and there's some incompatibility with updated Tomcat/libraries since these were built.  In any case, take a look at the screenshots in the documentation and see if that would meet your requirements.  If so, maybe an idea to refresh them would be in order.  Otherwise, CABI/Jasper would be the way to go and you could perhaps use the screenshots for some ideas.  

• 4.  Re: WebGUI 4 Spectrum Service Dashboard

Posted Feb 07, 2018 09:30 AM

Ha ha ha... Those screenshots were pretty historic. I'm having a hard time to keep up with designs like NewRelic etc. You guys must work on the presentation layer. Spectrum Core is great, but GUI... Needs work... I'll give Jaspersoft a try.