Clarity

• 1.  Can I make a copy of the last Project Status Report and use it as the basis for my current new report?

Posted Feb 07, 2018 10:51 AM

Apologies as new to CA PPM, and already my PM's are asking, can they make a copy of their previous week's Project Status Report to use as the basis for the current week with some changes, including name and date.

We know you can change the report as many times as you like and save it but we would like to keep a full weekly history of the project status reports.

Do they have to complete weekly from scratch to keep the full history or is there another better way?

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Can I make a copy of the last Project Status Report and use it as the basis for my current new report?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 07, 2018 09:01 PM

Hi,

Status Report does not have version control ability, so I need to create Status Report for every week to keep a full weekly history like as following.

(In this sample, I created 3 Status report for 29th Jan, 1st Feb and 8th Feb.) 

I hope this is helpful for you.

Regards,

Shoichi

• 3.  Re: Can I make a copy of the last Project Status Report and use it as the basis for my current new report?

Posted Feb 08, 2018 03:07 AM

Hi

Thank you and yes I know you can create and save weekly reports as you have below. BUT what my PM’s want to do is take last week’s report and all it’s content and make a copy of it, to create this week’s report and make the changes that they require and saving it as a new report.

They don’t want to be typing in the same kind of things from scratch. Is it possible to copy last weeks report and save as a new report ?

Thanks

• 4.  Re: Can I make a copy of the last Project Status Report and use it as the basis for my current new report?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 08, 2018 03:49 AM

Yes you can copy a Status Report.

First, create a new Status Report by filling in just the mandatory fields then Save.

Then, within the Status Report you just created, go to the Actions drop-down in the top-right.

You should see "Copy" - click on it.

You should then see a list of Status Reports you can choose to copy from.

When the Status Report data has copied you can edit the results as required.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steve

• 5.  Re: Can I make a copy of the last Project Status Report and use it as the basis for my current new report?