Service Virtualization

• 1.  not able to start demo server

Posted Feb 08, 2018 02:14 PM

I have CA Devtest 8.4 version installed on my system. I wanted to install Demo server now. so i downloaded demoserver from ca site for devtest 10.1(i guess demo server will work for devtest 8.4 as well). after downloading i extarcted the files lisademoserver and cars demo to LISA_home(i.e location where my lisa is installed). but while running demoserver and cars demo i am getting error "Couldn't determine LISA_HOME".

can some please help me out with this.

• 2.  Re: not able to start demo server

Posted Feb 08, 2018 02:32 PM

LISA_HOME is a environment variable that indicates the location where DevTest is installed on your system. You must check, at your system, if it's created.

On windows do something like at a command line prompt: echo %LISA_HOME%

On unix do: echo $LISA_HOME

Also check the official doc:

Environment Settings - DevTest Solutions - 8.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: not able to start demo server

Posted Feb 09, 2018 05:30 AM

i checked in workstation and i can see under system properties LISA_HOME property and its value is C:\lisa 8.4\DevTest\

• 4.  Re: not able to start demo server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 08, 2018 05:38 PM

Prassana,

If you are on DevTest 8.4.0, you will need to download a DevTest 8.4.0 DemoServer.

The files in the DemoServer are version specific and we do not allow mixing of releases within DevTest.

Are running the DemoServer standalone?

Regards,

Marcy

• 5.  Re: not able to start demo server

Posted Feb 09, 2018 05:27 AM

Are running the DemoServer standalone?

yes

• 6.  Re: not able to start demo server

Posted Feb 09, 2018 05:31 AM

can you help from where i can download demo server for devtest 8.4

• 7.  Re: not able to start demo server
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 09, 2018 07:36 AM

Prasanna,

Unfortunately you cannot download the DevTest 8.4 DemoServer, since anything before DevTest 9.1.0 is no longer supported and not a choice to download anymore.

I recommend to upgrade to DevTest 10.2.  If you need help with an upgrade, please open a new support case and we will be glad to help.

Regards,

Marcy