Rally Software

• 1.  Rally App Builder Install Error: unable to get local issuer certificate

Posted Feb 08, 2018 03:05 PM

I keep getting an error when trying to install Rally App Builder that says it's unable to get local issuer certificate. The output is below. Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this?

PhantomJS not found on PATH
    Downloading https://github.com/Medium/phantomjs/releases/download/v2.1.1/phantomjs-2.1.1-windows.zip
    Saving to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\phantomjs\phantomjs-2.1.1-windows.zip
    Receiving...

Error making request.
    Error: unable to get local issuer certificate
        at TLSSocket.<anonymous> (_tls_wrap.js:1103:38)
        at emitNone (events.js:106:13)
        at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:208:7)
        at TLSSocket._finishInit (_tls_wrap.js:637:8)
        at TLSWrap.ssl.onhandshakedone (_tls_wrap.js:467:38)

Please report this full log at https://github.com/Medium/phantomjs
    npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@1.1.3 (node_modules\rally-app-builder\node_modules\fsevents):
    npm WARN notsup SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Unsupported platform for fsevents@1.1.3: wanted {"os":"darwin","arch":"any"} (current: {"os":"win32","arch":"x64"})

npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
    npm ERR! errno 1
    npm ERR! phantomjs-prebuilt@2.1.16 install: `node install.js`
    npm ERR! Exit status 1
    npm ERR!
    npm ERR! Failed at the phantomjs-prebuilt@2.1.16 install script.
    npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

• 2.  Re: Rally App Builder Install Error: unable to get local issuer certificate
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 09, 2018 06:11 AM

This seems to be an issue of npm, and not as such of the Rally App Builder. If you look on Stackoverflow or Github, you will find several threads on the error:

Error making request.
    Error: unable to get local issuer certificate

Please have a look at :

How to fix SSL certificate error when running Npm on Windows? - Stack Overflow 

and see if the mentioned answer there helps.

• 3.  Re: Rally App Builder Install Error: unable to get local issuer certificate

Posted Feb 13, 2018 12:54 PM

Thanks for sharing the link, Conny. I ended up manually installing Rally App Builder by downloading files from GitHub and and unzipping them into the proper directory. It is running fine now.

• 4.  Re: Rally App Builder Install Error: unable to get local issuer certificate

Posted Feb 12, 2018 07:10 PM

I have dug myself out of this hole.  adamrodewald let me know if you still need tips after reading that link Conny posted!

• 5.  Re: Rally App Builder Install Error: unable to get local issuer certificate

Posted Feb 13, 2018 12:51 PM

I was not able to successfully install via npm. I ended up manually installing Rally App Builder by downloading files from GitHub and and unzipping them into the proper directory. It is running fine now.