Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Data Ware House Tables

• 1.  Data Ware House Tables

Posted Feb 08, 2018 03:05 PM

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask - but I thought it would be a start. We have some custom attributes in for some of our objects within CA PPM, and we're finding that these Custom Attributes aren't appearing in our ODATA Feed when we're trying to create reports within Power BI. 

I can confirm that these custom attributes are selected to be included in the Data Warehouse, however, they aren't appearing in the few DWH Tables I'd think they'd be included. It appears they're loading in the "ODF_CA_PROJECT" table, but that table isn't coming up after I've done both a normal data warehouse job and a full load. Any ideas? 

• 2.  Re: Data Ware House Tables

Posted Feb 08, 2018 04:26 PM

The odf_ca_project table belongs to the NIKU schema. Try looking in your actual DWH schema for table: DWH_INV_PROJECT for your custom attributes. Since they are marked to be included in the DWH, and your load jobs run without error, these should be here. IF these fields are associated to lookups, then the actual lookups are uniquely written per lookup into tables as such: DWH_LKP.....and you'll have to join DWH tables to get the data.

• 3.  Re: Data Ware House Tables

Posted Feb 09, 2018 01:40 PM

I did a check in that table, and the custom attributes aren't showing up in when I load that table into Power BI.

• 4.  Re: Data Ware House Tables

Posted Feb 09, 2018 01:26 AM

Custom Attributes appear in table DWH_INV_PROJECT in the Data warehouse schema.

• 5.  Re: Data Ware House Tables

Posted Feb 09, 2018 02:14 PM

How connecting to your database instance ( with sql developer or similar db tool) and verify the table contains your custom fields. I don't use MS Power BI tools at this time and can't validate as such.

• 6.  Re: Data Ware House Tables

Posted Feb 09, 2018 02:19 PM

We don't have tools like that - nor am I skilled enough in that aspect to understand where I would begin to search with those tools. 

• 7.  Re: Data Ware House Tables

Posted Feb 09, 2018 02:24 PM

Please consult with a DBA that supports your CA PPM installation. They should be able to assist you.

• 8.  Re: Data Ware House Tables

Posted Feb 09, 2018 02:26 PM

I'm not sure who that would be. We're a SaaS customer. 

• 9.  Re: Data Ware House Tables

Posted Feb 09, 2018 02:32 PM

Then you should be reaching out to your SAS support contact. Or raise a support ticket for more assistance.

• 10.  Re: Data Ware House Tables

Posted Feb 09, 2018 05:52 PM

Hi Shannon,

Have you tried running the Refresh DWH job? Here's a link to the OData Config documentation in case you want to check out:

Configure OData Access to the Data Warehouse 

• 11.  RE: Re: Data Ware House Tables

Posted Apr 06, 2023 07:31 AM

Having the same issue using Odata connection with a BI tool. I'm aware it's years later but were there any updates on this