CA Service Management

• 1.  SDM 14.1.04 IRP Workflow Tasks

Posted Feb 08, 2018 07:55 PM

Excited to see WF tasks are available for incidents requests and problems, but when I got into it, it seems like some vital pieces are missing. I contacted support to find out why we were missing the Menubar Search for IRP Tasks. I was told that search for IRP tasks is not available. Huh? How can we find our tasks if there is no search function? Seems like a pretty basic function that was missed - by design or defect?  Sure, I can create a whack of Stored Queries to cover many of the possibilities, but it's a clumsy poor alternative.

The next surprise is that there is no way to edit a completed task. Again, by design or defect? Either way it makes the whole WF task function very difficult to use effectively. 

Has anyone had any success with resolving either of these basic deficiencies?

• 2.  Re: SDM 14.1.04 IRP Workflow Tasks

Posted Feb 08, 2018 09:13 PM

Hi Jeffery,

1.  You can add I/R/P workflow search to the menubar in 'menubar_sd.htmpl' in a similar way to Change worflow search - I have tried this and can confirm that it works:

<PDM_OBJECT>
    <PDM_IF "$env.NX_CMDB" != "STANDALONE">
    if ( $ACCESS.FAC_wf > 0 ) {
    <PDM_MACRO name=menuItem label="Search Request/Incident/Problem Workflow Tasks" function="upd_specific_frame('sd','search_cr_wf.htmpl')">
    }
    </PDM_IF>
    </PDM_OBJECT>

2. The editing of completed tasks is controlled by the Options Manager option 'edit_completed_tasks', which is in the 'Change-Issue' options.  After installing that option and restarting the Service Desk Manager service, you can edit a task status and set both 'Allow Task Update' and 'Task Completed'.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

James

• 3.  Re: SDM 14.1.04 IRP Workflow Tasks

Posted Feb 09, 2018 01:54 AM

Shouldn't the ability to search IRP workflow tasks be a basic functionality, just as it is for the Issue and Change Order? I'd say this was oversight on our part. Qualifies to be an Enhancement Request. As such I suggest logging an Idea for this.

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 4.  Re: SDM 14.1.04 IRP Workflow Tasks

Posted Feb 09, 2018 02:22 AM

• 5.  Re: SDM 14.1.04 IRP Workflow Tasks

Posted Feb 09, 2018 05:52 AM

Thanks for quick responses, I'll add the menu item as suggested and give that a try this morning. I'm pretty sure I have edit_workflow_tasks in Options manager installed, and that did add the edit button for Chg, but I don't think it worked for IRP... I'll double check that again though. 

Jeff

• 6.  Re: SDM 14.1.04 IRP Workflow Tasks
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 09, 2018 08:54 AM

Successfully inserted the additional pdm_macro for the menubar search and it works perfectly.

I also checked the edit tasks function from Options_Mgr> Change_Issue and it it does permit edit on all WF task types.

Thank you for the help. I will advide support that the issue is resolved.