Layer7 API Management

• 1.  The Status Problem when enabling the user manually

Posted Feb 09, 2018 02:04 AM

If we enable the user manually, the user's status remains "approved" on Manage Developers admin page. Because of there is a row on cmsuserproperties table. Its propertyName is "registrationStatus" and it causes that status which is approved. If I delete this row It returns to Enabled? I think it should be deleted when I enabled it. Should'nt it?

Version Info :CA Developer Portal 3.5 CR6

• 2.  Re: The Status Problem when enabling the user manually

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 11, 2018 05:20 PM

Dear Berke ,

I would not suggest to manually update the user's status/roles etc. It may cause unexpected issue.

Is there any reason you don't want to follow the default registration flow?

Regards,

Mark

• 3.  Re: The Status Problem when enabling the user manually

Posted Feb 12, 2018 03:29 AM

Dear Mark_HE,

Thanks for your response. Our users may not see verification email or it goes spam folder and they ask help from us. So, We need to enable it manually. How can we handle it with another way? Can we send  the verification email to user again ? 

Kind Regards

• 4.  Re: The Status Problem when enabling the user manually

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 10, 2018 01:14 PM

Good morning,

A response from our development team. After enabling, as admin go to ~/dashboard/organizations/developers and using gear drop-down option Suspend and then Unsuspend the user.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Broadcom Support

• 5.  Re: The Status Problem when enabling the user manually

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 10, 2018 02:22 PM

In addition to my last post to an resend an activation email you can do the following:

With v3.5CR10 It is possible to resend the Activation link after user approval if the Activation Link is misplaced. Please note that it works only during the time set in "activationTokenExpiryInDays" in properties. xml file with default value of 7 days.