Service Virtualization

• 1.  CA DevTest 8.4 Supported RHEL versions

Posted Feb 09, 2018 03:13 AM

Hi,

Does DevTest 8.4 run on RHEL 7.2? The official documentation only mentions RHEL 6.3. Will versions higher than 6.3 also be supported?

• 2.  Re: CA DevTest 8.4 Supported RHEL versions

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 09, 2018 03:27 AM

Hi,

Firstly, DevTest 8.4 was already end of support last year.

DevTest versions 8.0 through 10.0 End of Service Announcement 

DevTest 8.4 wasn't supported on RHEL 7.2 officially. RHEL 7.2 is certified on DevTest 9.5 or later.

So, could you please consider to upgrade?

Regards

Yas

• 3.  Re: CA DevTest 8.4 Supported RHEL versions

Posted Feb 09, 2018 05:13 AM

Thank you Yasuyuki for the prompt reply.

In our case, we are looking to install DevTest 10.1 in an RHEL 7.2 machine. We would also want to migrate the database used by an existing DevTest 8.4 installation. Reading the upgrade guide gave me the impression that an in-place upgrade was recommended, i.e., upgrading on top of an existing installation. So do you think we should manually insert the data from the DevTest 8.4 database to the DevTest 10.1 database?

• 4.  Re: CA DevTest 8.4 Supported RHEL versions
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 09, 2018 07:29 AM

Siddarth,

Since you are upgrading from 8.4.0 to DevTest 10.1, I would create a new schema for DevTest 10.1 for both Enterprise Dashboard and Registry databases.  

Please read this link:

Upgrading DevTest - DevTest Solutions - 10.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

I recommend you open a support case and let us help you upgrade.  We have a SWAT team that works with support to get customers migrated to supported releases.  The current release is DevTest 10.2, so I suggest to upgrade to that release:

Preparing Your DevTest Upgrade - DevTest Solutions - 10.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Regards,

Marcy