Rally Software

• 1.  Ordering Custom Apps from CA's App Dev Experts

Posted Feb 09, 2018 07:51 PM

kamwi02 JohnStreeter EricNash Chris_Hackett MartiAndrews1358393 Sheri.L.Moore MichikoQ

Struggling to organize and manage Agile Central App Development teams? Can't find people with AC App SDK & WSAPI toolkit skills? Would you rather order custom Agile Central Apps from CA's AC App experts? Why custom build AC apps when you can order custom AC Apps in the App Catalog from the experts for a fraction of the engineering & maintenance costs? Any interest in this idea? Check out the "Order Now" shopping cart idea, below.

ordering custom Agile Central apps

• 2.  Re: Ordering Custom Apps from CA's App Dev Experts

Posted Feb 13, 2018 01:54 AM

This sounds like a great feature - although I have a couple of questions:

1) Should this be enabled for all subscriptions now? I can't see it in mine.

2) How is access controlled to this feature - can everyone order a new custom app or?

BR

Michael, CA Partner on AC in Denmark

• 3.  Re: Ordering Custom Apps from CA's App Dev Experts
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 13, 2018 09:59 AM

this isn't a feature in Agile Central.  at this point, it's just an idea. hoping for feedback from the Agile Central community.

• 4.  Re: Ordering Custom Apps from CA's App Dev Experts

Posted Feb 13, 2018 08:16 PM

Sounds great, as this will allow users to order right from the comforts of their App Catalog. You refer to 'CA's AC App Expert' - is that Technical Services? Or are you hinting at crowd sourcing the App Catalog to all experts? - Anyhow - Exciting!

• 5.  Re: Ordering Custom Apps from CA's App Dev Experts

Posted Feb 14, 2018 11:23 AM

JagadishNagavajhala4452309  awesome huh? yes, very exciting. we thought so, too. 

This idea doesn't prevent anyone from writing their own custom apps. This idea explores a simple, one-stop-shop, Order-Deliver-Payment model for paying customers who want to purchase additional custom apps designed specifically for their subscription -- right from the tool's App Catalog!  Brings a whole new meaning to Agile Procurement. We've already got 3 custom app orders for our Agile Central subscription with more orders on the way. And we'd like to engage and pay the experts for certified custom app delivery.

But, as paying customers, we want certified custom apps delivered to our subscriptions. We'll need to establish a certification process that validates and verifies custom apps meet app certification acceptance criteria to ensure a secure subscription and safe platform: 

• app security standards 
    • app quality & integrity standards 
    • app compatibility standards 
    • app capability standards 
    • app performance standards 

Any app cleaning/scrubbing/certification tools? Custom Apps aren't cheap because the delivery experience requires people's real-time hours in agile development working sessions between paying customers and app delivery teams. Are you an Agile Central App Dev expert? Perhaps there's a spot for you on the app dev team? 

This isn't about about rubbing two sticks together willy-nilly and calling it app development. Swapping/sharing code in the cloud. This is about setting a custom app development standard and standard tooling practice for certified custom app ordering, delivery, and payments. Customers want standards delivered in products and services. Enterprise IT Tool owners, managers, & administrators should know better than to introduce mystery code into their tools. Agile Central's App Catalog is great, but a big cloud security concern regarding custom code. I'd be interested to see what some of those apps are really doing. Security & safety is the #1 concern for every CIO this year.

anyway, just an idea 

• 6.  Re: Ordering Custom Apps from CA's App Dev Experts

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 15, 2018 12:40 PM

Hello Jerry,

Have you submitted this Idea to Ideas.rallydev.com or are you just wanting feedback before submitting the request?

Thank you,

Christian

• 7.  Re: Ordering Custom Apps from CA's App Dev Experts

Posted Feb 15, 2018 12:45 PM

hey malch12.  no, haven't submitted this idea into the Ideas Manager yet. wanted to get some feedback first. I'll submit this into the Ideas Manager by COB tomorrow, 2/16. it's #6 on my docket.