Symantec Access Management

• 1.  Error in bulk load towards CA Directory

Posted Feb 11, 2018 04:33 PM
    Hello community  I am doing the bulk upload by means of an ETL of 3000000 records to CA Directory. After registration
    900000 approximately the home directory will reject all other records.

What can be the error?

• 2.  Re: Error in bulk load towards CA Directory

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 12, 2018 06:04 PM

It would help if you can tell us:

- What is the exact version of CA Directory and Service Pack in use.

- What is the command or tool (and how) that you are using to load these users.

- What is the EXACT error you get when this fails.

• 3.  Re: Error in bulk load towards CA Directory
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 13, 2018 08:37 AM

Hello Hitesh_Patel

The version is 12.6, I working with ETL in pentaho, The error are over the register 900000 and onwards the Directory reject all operations.

I was reading and working with other co-workers and we are find the solution increasing the size of the datastore of dsa and restarting the service.

The initial size was filled with the 900,000 records

Thanks

• 4.  Re: Error in bulk load towards CA Directory

Posted Feb 12, 2018 09:03 PM

Kindly also check the logs in $DXHOME/logs directory. There should be different logs with the instance name of the DSA. Check the logs and print the error message from the logs.

• 5.  Re: Error in bulk load towards CA Directory

Posted Feb 13, 2018 08:38 AM

Hi Hubert Dennis

I was reading and working with other co-workers and we are find the solution increasing the size of the datastore of dsa and restarting the service. The initial size was filled with the 900,000 records.

Thanks

• 6.  Re: Error in bulk load towards CA Directory

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 13, 2018 08:52 AM

Hello Julian,

Thanks for the feedback. That makes sense. Just for future reference (or may be you can check now), when this happens, there should be a message logged into one of the DSA logs (that Dennis mentioned) something like 'File Space Exhausted' letting the user know that the dsaname.db file has reached it's predefined size and full so the DSA cannot write anything more to it.

Thanks,

Hitesh