CA Service Management

• 1.  CA SDM 17.0 Tomcat issue after migration

Posted Feb 10, 2018 03:26 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm testing migration procedure from SDM 14.1.03 to 17.0 using the SWINGBOX method. So I prepare the environment with a backup of the production database and test the SWING Server.

Following the documentation, I used the 17.0 installation media to migrate the SWING server and all the steps completed successfully except for the last one "Products integration", in the installer logs I can see a refused error:

2018/02/10 11.14.07.181 DEBUG [DeployThread: Integración de los productos] [CommonUtil] No Response :
    org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connection to http://SWINGSDM:8080 refused

Then I tried to start services and pdm_status shows me that everything is fine, but the web interface won't load. All the pdm_tomcat logs show this:

feb 10, 2018 2:36:17 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap initClassLoaders
    SEVERE: Class loader creation threw exception
    java.io.IOException: El nombre de archivo, el nombre de directorio o la sintaxis de la etiqueta del volumen no son correctos
    at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.canonicalize0(Native Method)
    at java.io.Win32FileSystem.canonicalize(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.File.getCanonicalPath(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.File.getCanonicalFile(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory.createClassLoader(ClassLoaderFactory.java:171)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.createClassLoader(Bootstrap.java:150)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.initClassLoaders(Bootstrap.java:91)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.init(Bootstrap.java:227)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:425)

Also, pdm_configure shows this error: "Error encountered while using java to connect to the database" in the step of database information.

I try to update JRE from 7.x to 8u112 and update the variable in NX.env, but the issue persists.

Update

I check out jstdlog and found this:

Starting SERVICEDESK Tomcat: "C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\JRE\1.7.0_10\bin\javaw" -Xrs -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=false -Xms64M -Xmx512M -Djaas.config=C:\PROGRA~2\CA\SERVIC~1\add-ons\caflow\jaas.config -Djava.security.auth.login.config=C:\PROGRA~2\CA\SERVIC~1\add-ons\caflow\jaas.config -Djdbc.baseDriver=com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver -Djavax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory=com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerFactoryImpl -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false -Djava.awt.headless=true -Djava.endorsed.dirs="C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\tomcat\7.0.23"\common\endorsed -classpath "C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\tomcat\7.0.23"\common\lib\tools.jar;"C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\JRE\1.7.0_10"\lib\tools.jar;"C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\tomcat\7.0.23"\bin\bootstrap.jar;"C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\tomcat\7.0.23"\bin\tomcat-juli.jar;C:\PROGRA~2\CA\SERVIC~1\java\lib\sqljdbc.jar;C:\PROGRA~2\CA\SERVIC~1\java\lib\ojdbc14.jar -Dcatalina.base=C:\PROGRA~2\CA\SERVIC~1\bopcfg\www\CATALINA_BASE -Dcatalina.home="C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\tomcat\7.0.23" -Djava.io.tmpdir=C:\PROGRA~2\CA\SERVIC~1\bopcfg\www\CATALINA_BASE\temp org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start

Apparently, NX.env variables are being ignored:

@NX_TOMCAT_INSTALL_DIR=C:/Program Files (x86)/CA/SC/tomcat/8.5.6
    @NX_TOMCAT_INSTALL_DIR_CAWF=C:/Program Files (x86)/CA/SC/tomcat/8.5.6

Any help would be appreciated.

• 2.  Re: CA SDM 17.0 Tomcat issue after migration
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 12, 2018 04:23 AM

Hi Kevin,

Check if no other application is using port 8080 on that server, hence "Connection to http://SWINGSDM:8080 refused" error. You can try using the netstat command to check if something is perhaps connected to that port?

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 3.  Re: CA SDM 17.0 Tomcat issue after migration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 12, 2018 12:33 PM

Kevin,

Can you provide your SDM logs zipped or maybe raise a support case and hit me up with a case# for this?

The translated error in pdm_tomcat.log seems to be:

"java.io.IOException: The file name, directory name, or syntax of the volume label are not correct"

How many files do you see here: C:\PROGRA~2\CA\SERVIC~1\java\lib

C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\tomcat\7.0.23"\common\endorsed  and C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\tomcat\7.0.23"\common\lib

Thx

_R

• 4.  Re: CA SDM 17.0 Tomcat issue after migration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 21, 2018 02:24 PM

Kevin.........

Do you still require assistance with this?

If so, have you raised as CA Support case for further assistance?