CA Service Management

• 1.  Push Notifications for CA Service MGT App

Posted Feb 11, 2018 08:48 PM

Hello, I am sorry if this question has already been brought up but i noticed that the Ca Service MGT app asks for permissions to send push notifications on IPhone and andriod.  We use the service desk manager product and i was wondering if anyone has the app setup to send a push notification when a new Request, change or incident comes in??  If you have it setup would you mind sharing the documentation on where to get this setup is?  or how you accomplished this? 

• 2.  Re: Push Notifications for CA Service MGT App

Posted Feb 12, 2018 03:57 AM

Hi Drew,

Please have a look at the documentation on the below URL which may help:

Push Notification Service - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Let us know how it goes?

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 3.  Re: Push Notifications for CA Service MGT App
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 12, 2018 12:25 PM

Hey Brian,

This is more about xFlow interface's native notifications as opposed the CA Service Management mobile app's push notifications.  

Drew,

Push Notifications in the app is still something that's an Idea - Pop Up/Push Mobile App Notifications  which is under Review.

One option with in SDM's native functionality is - create a notification method against email addresses of the format 1234567890@phone-carrier.com (in the US, each phone carrier allows TXT messages be sent to an email address of similar format).  Utilize this notification method against some activity associations that you want analysts to get a text on.

This way you can actually send notifications as SMS to the analysts?  Maybe that's something you can consider?

_R

• 4.  Re: Push Notifications for CA Service MGT App

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 21, 2018 02:25 PM

Drew..........

Do you have any additional questions regarding this topic?

If not, please mark one of the responses as correct so that this thread can be closed.