CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Is there any way to capture attachment id when attachment is triggering a PAM process?

• 1.  Is there any way to capture attachment id when attachment is triggering a PAM process?

Posted Feb 12, 2018 08:37 AM

Hi Team,

I am trigerring one PAM process through SDM macro,this macro is associate with one event & finally event is fireing through a Activity Notification named 'Attach Doc'.
    This meance that when someone is attaching something in SDM request/incident/problem it will triggure the PAM process.If I am wrong please correct me.
    Now my question is, Is there any way to capture attachment id dynamically when attachment in request triggering a process.

Thanks in advanced.

Regards,
    Pankaj

• 2.  Re: Is there any way to capture attachment id when attachment is triggering a PAM process?
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 13, 2018 12:12 PM

Hi,

If you use the OOB Execute PAM process Macro only the persid of the cr object will be passed to the PAM process.

This is in fact a strong design limitation that I have never understand.

To go around that you will have to create your own macro that will execute a Web Services call to the PAM process.

With this approach you will be able to pass any parameters you like to PAM.

Not really difficult but this will require you to have some spel knowledge and be out of support from CA.

My 2 cents

/J

• 3.  Re: Is there any way to capture attachment id when attachment is triggering a PAM process?

Posted Feb 15, 2018 08:25 AM

Hi Jerome,

Thanks for the idea, it will help me to start on this.

Regards,

Pankaj