CA Service Management

• 1.  Error in Tomcat with USS

Posted Feb 13, 2018 07:46 PM

Hi,

I comment you, that we are working with CA SDM and we need to update our environment, but we have a problem with USS.

USS has a problem with tomcat, but it is only with the hostname.

We can enter the USS without problem through the local ip and the publication of the tool, but when we enter by hostname, it does not work, and when we try to update, it does not show error in the connection with the server.

error

3/28 12.13.06.119 DEBUG [DeployThread: Validating Unified Self-Service Configuration] [ProgressPage] ProgressPage - Task Error. 2017/03/28 12.13.06.119 DEBUG [DeployThread: Validating Unified Self-Service Configuration] [ProgressPage] Task Error. TaskID: task.verify_osop,Validating Unified Self-Service Configuration 2017/03/28 12.13.37.804 DEBUG [DeployThread: Validating Unified Self-Service Configuration] [Task] inside initErrMap() generic. This method should be overloaded if possible 2017/03/28 12.13.38.805 DEBUG [DeployThread: Validating Unified Self-Service Configuration] [DeployThread] Deploy Thread >task.verify_osop< Message >Validating Unified Self-Service Configuration 2017/03/28 12.13.38.805 INFO [DeployThread] [DeployThread] Abort requested while running task: Validating Unified Self-Service Configuration 2017/03/28 12.13.40.611 INFO [AWT-EventQueue-0] [EmptyValidator] With in Empty Validator... 2017/03/28 12.13.40.638 INFO [AWT-EventQueue-0] [SDMConfig] Component list : 121 2017/03/28 12.13.40.639 INFO [AWT-EventQueue-0] [SDMConfig] primary<>false 2017/03/28 12.13.40.639 INFO [AWT-EventQueue-0] [SDMConfig] ServerType >> Primary

I comment you, that I performed the following tasks. -- I modified the host file and add the hostname. -- I modified the server.xml file of the path the tomcat in OSOP, and add the alias with the host name and I restart the tomcat -- I removed the cahe in the explorer and temporal files in the work folder the OSOP -- I reconfigured tha CA SDM with the IP -- I verified the ip local and DNS, and all good but the error persist.

can you help us?

Regards,
    Marco Velazquez.

• 2.  Re: Error in Tomcat with USS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 14, 2018 09:47 AM

Hey Marco,

I think _  (underscore) is not a valid character in DNS names.   Maybe substitute it with a -     (hyphen) and re-try?

_R

• 3.  Re: Error in Tomcat with USS

Posted Feb 14, 2018 11:30 AM

but the DNS, is functional with the Service Desk.
    attachment screenshot

Regards,
    Marco V

• 4.  Re: Error in Tomcat with USS
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 14, 2018 11:57 AM

Marco,

Looks like its not DNS name but the hostname that its validating.  We use Liferay as the underlying core for USS.  Liferay's implementation of hostname (not DNS name) validation does not seem to include _  character in it.

GC: Validator - com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.Validator (.java) - GrepCode Class Source  --> public static boolean isHostName(String name) {  --> 

The functions over there seem to have restrictions on what characters are permitted, and from what I understand _  is NOT a valid one.  The error is exactly from that section in your picture.

com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.validhostname.ValidHostNameFilter.doFilterTry(ValidHostNameFilter.java:37)   

So unfortunately, unless the hostname is corrected not to have _   character, I'm not sure if there's any other way around it

_R

• 5.  Re: Error in Tomcat with USS

Posted Feb 14, 2018 02:13 PM

It is right. the hostname of the team was changed "we removed the  ( _ )"

and the tool executed correctly.
    Thank you Raghu Rudraraju