DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Automatic Probe Upgrade

Posted Feb 15, 2018 06:47 AM

Hi All,

I have pushed logmon probe for 40 robots out of 300 robots ,Is there any way I can automatically update the probe for 30 robots without creating a IM group . I am aware that we can get a list from probe report and create group for upgrade. Looking for alternatives.

• 2.  Re: Automatic Probe Upgrade

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 15, 2018 10:41 AM

Have you tried with Admin Console? You select the logmon version from primary Archive > select the hubs you want to the deploy the probe to, on the right all robots will be displayed. And remove the robots you don't want to redeploy the same version to.

• 3.  Re: Automatic Probe Upgrade

Posted Feb 15, 2018 10:44 AM

Yes marco ,but seeing all the 300 robots and select the required robots is strange task, may cause some human errors can occur .

• 4.  Re: Automatic Probe Upgrade

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 15, 2018 11:50 AM

Hello,

what about scripting it and using the REST API to deploy the probes to a list of robots?

an example of probe deployment via API:

REST JSON call

http://<ip>/rest/probe/cafidemo/uimwin98_hub/uimwin98/distsrv/callback2/job_add

Accept: application/json

Content-Type: application/json

{

"nimString": [ {"@key":"job_id","$":""},{"@key":"job_description","$":"Deploy Logmon NOW"},{"@key":"package","$":"logmon"},{"@key":"version","$":"3.54"},{"@key":"robot","$":"/DOMAIN/HUB/ROBOT"},{"@key":"update","$":""},{"@key":"start_at","$":""} ]

}

• 5.  Re: Automatic Probe Upgrade

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 15, 2018 08:29 PM

• 6.  Re: Automatic Probe Upgrade

Posted Feb 16, 2018 09:23 AM

Thanks for all suggestions ,I will  try further and update 

• 7.  Re: Automatic Probe Upgrade

Posted Feb 17, 2018 03:23 AM

If you activate the population of cm_nimbus_package table, you could use sql to make the selection for you.

Example that will generate PU commands in a file for robots that have a robot_update < 7.90:

-----

sqlcmd -S bgbulab53 -U sa -P *** -d CA_UIM -o c:\temp\luc.txt -Q "SELECT 'PU -u administrator -p xxxx /bgbulab53_domain/bgbulab53_hub/bgbulab53/automated_deployment_engine deploy_probe ""robot_update"" """" '+'/'+[domain]+'/'+[hub]+'/'+[robot] from cm_nimbus_package p, cm_nimbus_robot r with(nolock) where p.name = 'robot_update' and p.version > '7.90' and p.robot_id = r.robot_id"

• 8.  Re: Automatic Probe Upgrade

Posted Feb 20, 2018 07:27 AM

Have you tried using IM->Tools->Distribution? You can create a Task to deploy the newest logmon probe to a group of robots which have some properties (e.g. Substring of Name/IP/OS, Tag 1, Tag 2) in common.

You can use the User Tag 1 and 2 Fields in the Controller probe to specify the Robot machines and filter them afterwards (Distribution App, Dynamic USM Groups).