Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Gateway upgrade path from 9.1.00 to 9.3

Posted Feb 15, 2018 10:46 AM

Hi,

We are currently running on Gateway version 9.1.00 - the virtual appliance, and Dev Portal 3.5.

With the general availability of Gateway 9.3, we will be migrating to that version very soon. What is the proposed upgrade path? Should I install 9.3 right away or should I gradually go through all the available versions between 9.1.00 and the current one?

Second question: what would be the difference in upgrade procedure if we are running the virtual appliance based on RHEL 6.9 and want to go to the container based installation?

Best regards,

Henri

• 2.  Re: Gateway upgrade path from 9.1.00 to 9.3
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 15, 2018 11:16 AM

Hi HRSully_STM ,

Regarding the first question. Please follow the steps in this document - Upgrade an Appliance Gateway - CA API Gateway - 9.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

You will need to refer to this list of update files (List of Update Files - CA API Gateway - 9.3 - CA Technologies Documentation ). Download and install the files listed under "9.1.0". This is the path you should take.

Kind Regards,

Anwar

• 3.  Re: Gateway upgrade path from 9.1.00 to 9.3

Posted Feb 15, 2018 04:06 PM

Thank you Anwar. I'll follow the outlined steps and reach out if I run in any kind of problems.

Also, after the upgrade is done on our test environement, I'll open a second question for our potential migration to the container based installation.

Regards,

Henri