DX NetOps

• 1.  BOXI report missing devices

Posted Feb 15, 2018 01:47 PM

Hi all, I have a strange case I'm trying to understand but failing at it:

I'm creating a BOXI report and one of the elements of it is the number of devices in a given Global Collection.

When I run the report, the number of devices returned is lower than the actual number of devices in the global collection in OneClick.

I tried replacing the global collection for a filter depending on "Device name" (This specific set of devices all start with the same 4 characters), and I still get a lower number (In this case, 9 devices less).

The thing is, if I run the same query directly from MySQL client against the model table of the reporting database, I get the correct number of devices (all with null destroy_time), so the data is correctly stored in the database and all devices are "active".

Any ideas on what could cause such behaviour?

• 2.  Re: BOXI report missing devices

Posted Feb 16, 2018 03:11 AM

I would open a ticket with support to get it investigated. 

• 3.  Re: BOXI report missing devices

Posted Feb 16, 2018 03:25 AM

Yes, looks strange issue - is the status updated (OneClick homepage -> Report Manager -> Spectrum Status), have you tried to recycle tomcat service to see if it helps?

• 4.  Re: BOXI report missing devices

Posted Feb 16, 2018 03:35 AM

well, he just stated that if he queries the mysql reporting db, he's able to see the devices there.

• 5.  Re: BOXI report missing devices

Posted Feb 16, 2018 03:40 AM

Yes, my bad

• 6.  Re: BOXI report missing devices

Posted Feb 16, 2018 10:03 AM

I know where the problem is, though not why it's happening:

The devices are not being populated in the view from srmdbapi that BOXI queries.

If I query the v_dim_device_model view, I don't get those devices. However, they do show in v_dim_model. There's no difference between models, still strange.

Continuing troubleshooting....