DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  CEM Angular .NET

Posted Feb 16, 2018 02:03 PM

Hi,

We are monitoring an app building in Angular for it's frontend and .NET fot it's backend and we trying to recording transactions with CEM, but we are getting inconsistent data. Is this problem because the frontend is builded in angular?

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: CEM Angular .NET
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 16, 2018 02:11 PM

Osvaldo:

Inconsistent results could also be due to networking SSL issues. I've seen .Net and CEM recording issues in the past. But best would be to open a case , provide a pcap/fiddler trace and a TIM log. 

I would be interested in hearing more about the inconsistent results and see if it is due to browser cache. 

• 3.  Re: CEM Angular .NET

Posted Feb 16, 2018 02:36 PM

Hi German

We will try to get that log, but inconsistents consist in getting some components who developers tell us don't belong to app (¡?). In example some components called *.asp and they assure us that there are no asp elements in their development. We cleaned the cache many times but the result was the same.

• 4.  Re: CEM Angular .NET

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 16, 2018 02:52 PM

Dear Osvaldo: 

That is helpful.

With ASP, I recall recording extra unwanted components. So with most recording mechanisms, you can just remove the extra needed components before promoting. So, in theory, as long as you get the required components while recording and delete the not needed ones before promoting, one shouldn't care. 

Are you getting all the components that you are expecting? That would be a concern

Thanks

Hal German

• 5.  Re: CEM Angular .NET

Posted Feb 16, 2018 03:57 PM

"Are you getting all the components that you are expecting? That would be a concern"...

Actually not, we were recording transactions and when we discover components we don't see in recording sessions the same components that we see in browser developers tools. 

Note:

Tim is installed beyond a balancer, may it the reason that  causes this behavior?

• 6.  Re: CEM Angular .NET

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 16, 2018 04:22 PM

Osvaldo:

So the developer's browser location and the TIM location may see different traffic hence different components . 

Do you have round trip path affinity so the inbound and outbound HTTP session goes through the same load balancers, web servers, firewalls etc?

Sounding more and more like a case is needed. Please let me know teh case number and I can review files if needed.

Thanks

Hal German