Service Virtualization

• 1.  DevTest Recording

Posted Feb 16, 2018 08:24 AM

Hi all,

I'm working on a project implementing service virutalizacion with CA DevTest Portal. I already did some virtual services with no issues, but yesterday we had a problem.

We started to record a service that it does tons of calls for each iteraction, so we were recording and when it was exactley at 25 transactions no more were recorded, besides we were doing all the calls to the service they didn't appear on DevTest.

When I stopped the recording and pressed the "next" button I saw that in total 137 txn were recorded, but on the recording screen just saw 25.

Any thoughs?

Thank you!!

• 2.  Re: DevTest Recording
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 16, 2018 08:45 AM

I vaguely recall that point being made when portal recording was first introduced, and the response was something like "the orange 'Txn' tab maxes out at 25 so it doesn't increase RAM consumption in the portal, so you can think of 25 as 'at least 25' and it could be more" 

• 3.  Re: DevTest Recording

Posted Feb 16, 2018 08:53 AM

Thanks for your answer!

Yeah, it kinda makes sense but.. how can we know that all the transactions that we need were correctly made? if they are more than 25 we will have to "hope" they are getting all recorded?