CA Service Management

• 1.  launchit.exe memory issue

Posted Feb 16, 2018 10:46 AM

On one of our test server we have BO and CA SD 12.5 installed on it, we are having memory issues that are consumed by launchit.exe. I could see many launchit.exe processes in task manager. Can you help me to understand what is the purpose of launchit.exe and how to stop this.

• 2.  Re: launchit.exe memory issue
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 16, 2018 10:50 AM

Avinash, you have some custom notification method script that would need to use launchit.exe? Or some remote reference that need launchit.exe? Besides, 12.5 is way too old and you may consider to later versions like 17.x. Thanks _Chi

• 3.  Re: launchit.exe memory issue

Posted Feb 19, 2018 04:53 AM

Hi Avinash,

Launchit.exe is a SDM utility that one can use to evoke\execute external programs with. For example you can use it to invoke a custom notification to send an SMS from a ticket, execute a webservice call to another program, etc..

See also: https://support.ca.com/us/knowledge-base-articles.TEC479189.html

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 4.  Re: launchit.exe memory issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 20, 2018 10:11 AM

Just an FYI. Launchit is a very small foot print app, and all it does is invoke and close out external programs.  Each invokation launches a brand new one, so, I'm not sure why/how we'd see a memory leak on that program itself.  

Having said that 12.5 is really old.

_R

• 5.  Re: launchit.exe memory issue

Posted Feb 20, 2018 11:00 AM

Thank you Raghu, Brian and Chi for all your inputs. I will check and get back to you ASAP.