CA Service Management

• 1.  Best Autentication Scheme for multiple ldap sources

Posted Feb 16, 2018 11:27 AM

We're evaluating to use CA Service Catalog to serve Offers to multiple customers. But, we have some doubts regarding the authentication scheme that we should use, since each client has its own directory service database. In addition, the exchange of information must be done through the internet. Any suggestion? 

Thanks for your comments,

Regards,

JOHN

• 2.  Re: Best Autentication Scheme for multiple ldap sources

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 16, 2018 11:57 AM

Hi,

All Catalog authentication / authorization is performed via EEM - so while others may have suggestions as to how best present a remote Directory to the EEM system, from a Catalog point of view you've got to get the users in there.

As such, the simplest is probably going to be the out-of-the-box Multiple Active Directory Domains option in EEM:

Support for Multiple Active Directory Domains - CA Embedded Entitlements Manager - 12.51 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Thanks

Iain

• 3.  Re: Best Autentication Scheme for multiple ldap sources

Posted Feb 19, 2018 02:39 PM

I have reviewed the procedure but I I still have some doubts. Customers have their authentication servers on internal networks, how to exchange information to the internet, only through a VPN? or there is an agent that can be installed locally on the client. All the documentation works for authentication througth EEM but for user data load to CA Service Catalog Database?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

JOHN

• 4.  Re: Best Autentication Scheme for multiple ldap sources
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 20, 2018 03:31 AM

Catalog has a LDAP import tool which you can use to synchronize users from a LDAP directory, with one or more LDAP servers: Step 1 - Import Users into the Database - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation