Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

More than one TSV column to be displayed in the list view

• 1.  More than one TSV column to be displayed in the list view

Posted Feb 18, 2018 04:39 AM

Can i add more than one TSV column to be displayed in the list view? If no, then is there any workaround for this.

Thanks in  advance,

Aleem

• 2.  Re: More than one TSV column to be displayed in the list view

Posted Feb 18, 2018 05:54 AM

The last time I tried you could not.

The work around is to put all the timescaled elements you want in the one section.

See

https://communities.ca.com/message/98119889?commentID=98119889#comment-98119889 

• 3.  Re: More than one TSV column to be displayed in the list view

Posted Feb 18, 2018 11:39 AM

Thanks for the reply. In TSV is there any way where in I can do aggregation. I am using the tsv to span the list  in months. Each month will have a value. I want to show the total of these values as well. 

Thanks

• 4.  Re: More than one TSV column to be displayed in the list view

Posted Feb 18, 2018 05:21 PM

You do have aggregation for the timescaled column in configuration

In order for the data to display in the column and in the aggregates you would need to have the respective data for the timeperiods that are displayed.

• 5.  Re: More than one TSV column to be displayed in the list view

Posted Feb 18, 2018 11:25 PM

Sorry my bad. I actually want to display the aggregated value  column wise and not row wise for tsv. I have 6 value attributes in my tsv. In order to do this i  only see that option of having 6 columns to display the totals.

• 6.  Re: More than one TSV column to be displayed in the list view

Posted Feb 19, 2018 02:18 AM

Agree in that direction you need six columns.

However, that will display the grand totals and not totals just for the displayed periods (months)

In order to display the totals for just for the displayed periods you would have to go the hard way:

Switch to a query based portlet where you can query whatever you want for the total columns.

If you want to be able to change the period and the start of the time scale that is going to be even more painful, but doable.

It is all in the ingenuity of the develeper.

• 7.  Re: More than one TSV column to be displayed in the list view

Posted Feb 19, 2018 01:09 AM

Maybe try creating 2 custom portlets and add a virtual gantt column in them to show TSV with different Time Scale (say monthly or yearly) in both portlets.  

• 8.  Re: More than one TSV column to be displayed in the list view

Posted Feb 19, 2018 01:45 AM

Thanks i will try this. Also is there any way to add one more list layout in the custom object. 

• 9.  Re: More than one TSV column to be displayed in the list view

Posted Feb 19, 2018 02:01 AM

How about placing the portlets on a page and displaying that from the "actions" drop down (top right) from the custom object's list layout? that may be possible.

• 10.  Re: More than one TSV column to be displayed in the list view

Posted Feb 19, 2018 02:06 AM

But i want the users to edit the list.

• 11.  Re: More than one TSV column to be displayed in the list view

Posted Feb 19, 2018 02:13 AM

Then I doubt that can be done. You can display only one time scale on the view. you may have 2 custom portlets to "display" only / not edit values in diff time scale format.

• 12.  Re: More than one TSV column to be displayed in the list view

Posted Feb 19, 2018 02:14 AM

users will be able to edit val in the list view. when you display them in portlet in diff time scale, the changes will be reflected in both.

• 13.  Re: More than one TSV column to be displayed in the list view

Posted Feb 19, 2018 02:26 AM

The way I see it an object based grid portlet is similar to list view and you can edit that.

Try it.

• 14.  Re: More than one TSV column to be displayed in the list view

Posted Feb 20, 2018 01:34 AM

Thanks for your response, Now i have 6 value attributes in one tsv. I want to make 2 value attributes out of 6 in the tsv as non editable. To achieve this i see that the only way is to add these two in odf_locked_attributes table.

My concern is the recommendation of ca clarity on this. If this is supported by ca clarity or not. And the impact it will have going forward.

Regards,

Samad Abdul Aleem

• 15.  Re: More than one TSV column to be displayed in the list view

Posted Feb 20, 2018 05:05 AM

My understanding is a supported way is to lock attributes with a process.
    I have not studied it other than it works with OOTB objects.

• 16.  Re: More than one TSV column to be displayed in the list view

Posted Feb 20, 2018 09:49 PM

Can't you just make the two attributes non-editable.  There is a 'Allow Editing' on attributes in the list view, and you should be able to make this unchecked for the two required attributes.  Haven't personally tried on a TSV attribute, but have previously undertaken for other type of attributes.

• 17.  Re: More than one TSV column to be displayed in the list view

Posted Feb 21, 2018 02:25 AM

No, i cant make the TSV non editable . Anyways i have resolved this my using the system job to lock the attributes.

• 18.  Re: More than one TSV column to be displayed in the list view

Posted Feb 22, 2018 03:21 PM

One more idea may work by add these two TSV attribute on a subpage checked with use for access right. Then make sure that the users have only view permission on that subpage.

Then on a list view, access right are effective as well.

but remember that the user who populate the values on these TSV should get edit permission on that sub page.

Tradeoff this with the locking process  unless this process is also responsible for populate the value on every change.