DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  AWS probe Profile

Posted Feb 19, 2018 12:05 PM

Hi Everyone, 

I would like to know if is there way to create profile in AWS probe through WebServices API instead of manually process .

Thanks, 

• 2.  Re: AWS probe Profile

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 02, 2018 04:12 AM

SLooking at the Probe Calls - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation  it doesn't seem to be possible to create probe profiles

• 3.  RE: Re: AWS probe Profile

Posted Dec 31, 2019 10:25 AM

@Marco Ippati

When you say Probe calls do you mean Rest API call? I can see where you are able to configure a probe with REST API calls documentation under the probe calls section.

I am attempting this also, and I am able to actually get the configuration ​into the probe, my issue is, the secrete key field seems to be acted upon once you choose save in the admin GUI. When you do this, the probe goes an encrypts the key in the probe, I can see it under the raw config.

When I send the probe the configuration from the REST API it does not ever "Save and Reload" or do whatever to the new creation in order to encrypt the key so the profile fails the credentials check, any idea if there is something that I can do to fix this? If so I have a solution for this then and can share it.

------------------------------
    IT Administrator
    ------------------------------