Clarity

• 1.  What is purpose of ODF_OBJECT_INSTANCE_MAPPING?

Posted Feb 20, 2018 07:39 AM

Hello guys,

What is the purpose of table ODF_OBJECT_INSTANCE_MAPPING?  How the entry inserts in this table?

We are getting some issue where this table has two rows of primary_object_instance_code ='department'  and 'project' both for only 13 projects. Rest of the projects has only primary_object_instance_code='project'.

So just want to check why these 13 projects have Department level entry also in this table. Please suggest.

• 2.  Re: What is purpose of ODF_OBJECT_INSTANCE_MAPPING?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 21, 2018 01:48 AM

Hi giriraj.gupta1,

ODF_OBJECT_INSTANCE_MAPPING table is used for the link between INV_INVESTMENTS table and FIN_FINANCIALS table.

The following query links both tables and I hope that the information helps you.

select I.Id, I.CODE, I.NAME
    from INV_INVESTMENTS I, ODF_OBJECT_INSTANCE_MAPPING M, fIN_FINANCIALS F
    where M.SECONDARY_OBJECT_INSTANCE_CODE = 'financials'
    AND M.PRIMARY_OBJECT_INSTANCE_CODE = I.ODF_OBJECT_CODE
    AND M.PRIMARY_OBJECT_INSTANCE_ID = I.ID
    AND M.SECONDARY_OBJECT_INSTANCE_ID = F.ID

Regards,

Tomomichi

• 3.  Re: What is purpose of ODF_OBJECT_INSTANCE_MAPPING?

Posted Feb 26, 2018 10:44 AM

Hello

Thanks for your response. I am aware about the mapping that you were telling. but we have seen few records with primary_object_instance_code ='department' in this table. so how these have been inserted?

• 4.  Re: What is purpose of ODF_OBJECT_INSTANCE_MAPPING?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 26, 2018 08:30 PM

When you see few records with primary_object_instance_code ='department' in this table, what is the value for secondary_object_instance_code ?

Tomomichi

• 5.  Re: What is purpose of ODF_OBJECT_INSTANCE_MAPPING?

Posted Feb 27, 2018 03:26 AM

It's a same as for Projects i.e. SECONDARY_OBJECT_INSTANCE_CODE = 'financials'