Service Virtualization

• 1.  IBM Websphere MQ error: Failed to execute Messaging/ESB process: MQJE001: Completion Code '2', Reason '2400'.

Posted Feb 20, 2018 03:33 PM

Hi,

I'm getting below error when I click on "test" in MQ option.

I have entered following details in DEVTEST.

I have copied all these details from my existing tool RIT

Application name and Application Type field is not available in DEv Test

Added all the required jar file in lib\shared folder . I'm using devtest 10.1

Could you please let me know why i'm getting this error and am I missing something or entering wrong value in the field. I'm new to MQ message and exploring this option in DevTest. Please help me to fix this issue.

Thanks!!!

• 2.  Re: IBM Websphere MQ error: Failed to execute Messaging/ESB process: MQJE001: Completion Code '2', Reason '2400'.

Posted Feb 20, 2018 04:09 PM

MQ 2400: MQRC_UNSUPPORTED_CIPHER_SUITE

Did you copy the Cipher Suite name from your other application into DevTest?  You're using the old MQ step, so the cipher suite field is under Server Connection Info -> Advanced. 

Is your other application Java-based?  Could there be some other setting or environment change that you had to do there?

There are troubleshooting steps here for your particular issue here, towards the bottom under section 4.6 and 4.6.1: IBM MQ and SSL/TLS 

The page is written for the new IBM MQ Native step, which I highly recommend you use if you're starting from scratch.  The last resort troubleshooting step, which involves installing the IBM JCE provider, requires the newer IBM MQ Native step.

• 3.  Re: IBM Websphere MQ error: Failed to execute Messaging/ESB process: MQJE001: Completion Code '2', Reason '2400'.

Posted Feb 20, 2018 04:29 PM

Hi Kevin,

I have set SSL Cipher Suite . Attached screenshot for reference. Still getting same error

v

• 4.  Re: IBM Websphere MQ error: Failed to execute Messaging/ESB process: MQJE001: Completion Code '2', Reason '2400'.
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 20, 2018 04:45 PM

Your cipher suite is not supported by the default Oracle JCE provider.  You need to follow the instructions in this document, under section 4.6.1, to install the IBM JCE provider, and then use the new IBM MQ Native step and configure a SSL Context asset with that JCE provider.

IBM MQ and SSL/TLS