CA Service Management

• 1.  Live CHat in xflow & USS

Posted Feb 21, 2018 08:05 AM

Hello Team

i want to know about the live chat feature introduced in USS and Xflow analyst..

In xflow analyst....we can do live chat with other analyst to resolve tickets with contextual collaboration...As an analyst, you can initiate the conversation, which opens the collaboration interface in the ticket timeline. You can invite one or multiple analysts from the Suggested Experts widget or the Command Bar. The conversation history is auto-saved in the ticket timeline for future reference.... 

In USS, there is also LIVE chat option in service desk integration option which  worked with SUpport Automation feature if configured in SDM. in this live chat what is different as compared with xflow analyst chat.???  what we have in uss live chat which we dont have in xflow live chat...Please explain 

• 2.  Re: Live CHat in xflow & USS

Posted Feb 21, 2018 09:12 AM

Hi Aamir,

Yes, the chat/collaboration tool in Xflow is a new tool that gets installed (Collaboration Server) when you install Xflow.   It is different than the Support Automation chat that you can launch from USS.

You can read about the collaboration tool here: CA Service Management Release 17.0 - CA Service Management - 17.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Live CHat in xflow & USS

Posted Feb 21, 2018 09:25 AM

Hi Jon

THanks for your input as always

Yes...collaboration is a great feature introduced in casm17. 

can you give a quick overview on chat option in USS. wt i understand  is the end users(employee) in uss can do a chat with analyst???
     whereas support automation in sdm provide remote control feature for the analyst to take control of end user system to look into the issue...

• 4.  Re: Live CHat in xflow & USS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 21, 2018 09:13 AM

Aamir,

Just to be clear, the chat platform within xFlow and the one within USS are two completely different platforms.

Within xFlow you can use the Collaboration application to allow analyst to chat between themselves. Since "End Users" don't log into xFlow, they wouldn't be able to participate in these chat sessions, they are purely for analyst to analyst communication. It's also not possible (in up to 17.1, at least) to do any remote sharing.

The USS Live Chat feature is leveraging Support Automation, which has the possibility of chat and remote sharing. 

• 5.  Re: Live CHat in xflow & USS

Posted Feb 21, 2018 09:29 AM

Hi Alexender,

Im very much clear about xflow..thanks for that

for USS...so that means before USS launching in 14.1 and later.... support automation feature in sdm only contain remote control???? and now from USS end can also do live chat with analyst??? am i getting it right??? 

Since i havnt configure support automation feature in sdm yet so want to be clear about the few enhancement..

• 6.  Re: Live CHat in xflow & USS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 21, 2018 09:35 AM

Aamir,

USS actually doesn't add any functionality to Support Automation. USS makes a web service call to Service Desk to get the Support Automation configuration information, and then connects directly to Support Automation. 

Even if you did not have USS at all, you can still have chat and remote control features directly in Support Automation

• 7.  Re: Live CHat in xflow & USS

Posted Feb 21, 2018 09:49 AM

Hi Alex

SO whats the basic purpose of USS if we already have chat option in sdm support automation?

if im correct. USS is origin which integrate Service Catalog, SDM, google etc  plus it has communties feature where users can ask the question and comment etc... and from USS we can access both sdm n SC on mobile application...

RIght>??? thats all wt we can get from uss?

• 8.  Re: Live CHat in xflow & USS
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 21, 2018 09:56 AM

Aamir,

You can integrate USS with Service Desk and/or Service Catalog. It's possible to use USS as the sole employee interface, instead of having the end users log into either Service Desk or Service Catalog directly. The "Live Chat" feature just allows the End User to be able to leverage the Support Automation functionality without logging directly into Service Desk.

I hope that clarifies things a bit.

• 9.  Re: Live CHat in xflow & USS

Posted Feb 21, 2018 09:57 AM

Thankyou Alex