DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Data FLow Missing in NFA

Posted Feb 21, 2018 09:03 AM

Hi All,

I have NFA 9.3.3 configured in a 3 tiered architecture in my environment.

For few of the interfaces I am just seeing One way data. 

Is there something we control from NFA end ?

• 2.  Re: Data FLow Missing in NFA
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 21, 2018 09:17 AM

Usually this indicates a mis-configuration on the router. If V5, ensure "ip flow ingress" is on all active interfaces.  If V9/Flexible Netflow only the desired interface(s) get the relevant "in/out" commands.

• 3.  Re: Data FLow Missing in NFA

Posted Feb 23, 2018 10:09 AM

Hi ,

A wireshark trace from the harvester will be helpfull to check what is in the sent netflow data .

JF LAJUGIE

• 4.  Re: Data FLow Missing in NFA

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 26, 2018 10:36 AM

You definitely want to verify the Netflow is configured correctly to send both in and out traffic for the interface, which can be verified via a pcap as stated above.  That is usually the cause of this behavior.

In some cases, where the netflow data is correct, we have seen that rebooting the Harvester can resolve this, although this is rare as its usually due to router configuration.

• 5.  Re: Data FLow Missing in NFA

Posted Apr 01, 2019 08:51 AM

Hi,

I'm having this same issue with V9. How were you able to solve it?

• 6.  Re: Data FLow Missing in NFA

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 01, 2019 09:27 AM

Hello M Zab, this thread was closed already, I would recommend starting a new questions and provide some more details about your problem with Netflow v9.

First thing to check is wireshark to see if the harvester is receiving flows from the device and the required fields are seen withing the flows.  The KB article below describes how to do this.

https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/how-can-i-determine-if-a-netflow-enabled-device-is-sending-the-correct-fields-and-data-using-wireshark/kb000011095

If you need help analyzing the pcap, please open a support case and provide the pcap in the case so we could review it further.