Test Data Manager

• 1.  Javelin: Rest Put Activity

Posted Feb 21, 2018 02:12 PM

Hi Team,

Is there any example to call REST API through javelin.

I am trying to use 'RestPutActivity' under communication but after input all valid value. I am getting error 'Root element is missing'

I am trying to connect HP ALM rest service to authenticate with authorization in header 

• 2.  Re: Javelin: Rest Put Activity

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 21, 2018 02:19 PM

• 3.  Re: Javelin: Rest Put Activity

Posted Feb 21, 2018 02:34 PM

I think that both 'Rest GET' and Rest Put activity is for RSS feeds

What i want is to call HP ALM rest service to create defects from javelin

• 4.  Re: Javelin: Rest Put Activity

Posted Feb 21, 2018 02:37 PM

Is there any pre-defined extension exists to call HP ALM from javelin to create defects

• 5.  Re: Javelin: Rest Put Activity
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 21, 2018 06:27 PM

Hi Prince,

If they are not in the examples that you were pointed to earlier, then we do not have any.  We do provide an example on how to hook into Javelin, but we do not have an accumulation of generic hooks into ALM. 

But that is what this Community is about.  I have pushed this request up to our Development Team to see if they have a generic hook set, but in the mean time, if they do not, hopefully the Community at large will attach a generic method they used to do what you are looking to accomplish.  I am sure you are not the first.  AND if you are, when you get it working, please attach it to this Question.

I will check with the Developers again in the morning to see what their answer is.

Cheers!
    Les

• 6.  Re: Javelin: Rest Put Activity

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 23, 2018 11:34 AM

Here is what our Developers stated to assist"

As for the ‘Root element is missing’ it is difficult to say why exactly such error occurs.

The best what can be done in such situation is to:

1. Share with community the minimal workflow how to reproduce the problem.
    2. Use any network sniffer or network proxy and collect request\response which Javelin sends\receive to\from REST service.

That way at least the problem with REST can be identified and investigated.

Cheers!

Les