Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

How to change running port for VSE Service ?

• 1.  How to change running port for VSE Service ?

Posted Feb 22, 2018 06:14 AM

Hello Team,

We are facing one issue. We are deploying one https service over 12008 port and getting SSL exception but on some other port it is running fine. I have checked process on this port , it is our VSE Service. I have stopped VSE service and start it but again it is consuming same port i.e.12008 with different PID.
    Can some one explain why such case? can we change this be default port to some else?

• 2.  Re: How to change running port for VSE Service ?

Posted Feb 22, 2018 11:13 AM

Hello Shivan,

Please, verify how many instances of VSE you have running on the server.

When you stop one service, verify if you still have a VSE service running.

If yes, stop the additional service.

Hope it helps.

Heloisa

• 3.  Re: How to change running port for VSE Service ?

Posted Feb 23, 2018 01:29 AM

Hello Heloisa,

I have performed this eventually when I am stopping VSE service after that no any other thread running over the port. But when I am starting it again then it is running on same port. Not understanding why every time it is consuming same port every time?

Please help.

Cheers..

Shivam Garg 

• 4.  Re: How to change running port for VSE Service ?

Posted Feb 23, 2018 01:52 AM

Are you restarting Virtual Service Environment (VSE) process? If yes then that's not going to help. You need to first change the port of the HTTPS virtual model to some other port before redeploying it on VSE server.

• 5.  Re: How to change running port for VSE Service ?

Posted Feb 23, 2018 01:58 AM

Ashutosh,

We need to deploy https virtual service or stub over 12008 only and only. Unfortunately this port is in use by VSE service. We are suspecting due to this when we are testing service we are getting SSL exception.

And if restarting the process will not help then how we can change port number for VSE service.

To clarify you, I want to change the port of VSE service component not Virtual Service or Stub created by me.

Thanks..

• 6.  Re: How to change running port for VSE Service ?

Posted Feb 23, 2018 02:19 AM

The default network port (TCP) used by VSE process is 2013 until and unless you have changed it to 12008. Start the VSE process. Log on to the Workstation and open DevTest Registry Monitor by clicking Toggle Registry. You should be able to see the tcp url for the Virtual Environments. It should show the port in use.

If you notice that the port is 2013 then you need to check the property value set for lisa.net.8.port in your configuration. The default value is defined in lisa.properties though we always recommend to overwrite these in local.properties file.

• 7.  Re: How to change running port for VSE Service ?

Posted Feb 23, 2018 02:40 AM

I already have checked lisa.properties file and there port is 2013 only. Also checked local.properties file, but there is not any override. This is confusing me why on UNIX server, VSE Service is running over 12008 only.

# VSE

lisa.net.8.port=2013

Any further advise. Other wise I have to raise a case.

Cheers..

• 8.  Re: How to change running port for VSE Service ?

Posted Feb 23, 2018 02:48 AM

Can you confirm after logging on to the Workstation and opening the DevTest Registry Monitor what's the Virtual Environment port you see in use. Please paste the screen capture. I am not sure based on your response if VSE is actually using the port 12008. It seems the default port has not be overwritten. 

This is my local VSE instance. I need you to check the same info.

• 9.  Re: How to change running port for VSE Service ?

Posted Feb 23, 2018 04:07 AM

this is what mentioned in VirtualServiceEnviornment.vmoption file.

-Dlisa.registry.url=tcp://APPTUVIRTUAL08B.machine.test.group:2010/Registry

-Dlisa.vseName=tcp://APPTUPET02XX005.machine.test.group:2013/APPTUPET02XX005_PERFVSE2

I am talking about VirtualServiceEnvironmentService which is availbale in bin directory under installation directory, which I am starting and consuming 12008 port.

I used this command i.e. lsof -I:12008 which I giving PID. and after using ps -ef | grep PID..I am seeing it is VSE Service which we are making down, start or restart depends on requirement.

Cheers..

• 10.  Re: How to change running port for VSE Service ?
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 23, 2018 10:19 AM

Hello Shivam,

If you are still facing the behavior you described, please, could you open a support ticket for this?

It will be good to have someone looking at your environment to try to understand better what is happening and how to change it.

You can open a support ticket through support.ca.com.

Heloisa

• 11.  Re: How to change running port for VSE Service ?

Posted Feb 23, 2018 12:47 PM

+1 on opening the ticket.

Does your VSE server have multiple NIC cards?

When you open the ticket with support, include a print out showing netstat executed at several points during the start up process. It might be helpful to show the team at what point port 12008 becomes in use.

For example:

- From cmd line, execute netstat -an

- Shut down the VSE

- Start the VSE and Stop your service

- Start your service

• 12.  Re: How to change running port for VSE Service ?

Posted Feb 26, 2018 02:20 AM

Hello Joel,

I am using lsof -i:12008 command to know what Process running over the port and what is PID. After that I am checking PID details using

ps -ef | grep pid then it is showing java thread having details of VSE service as shown above.

I stopped VSE Service then used same command i.e. lsof -i:12008 , then there was no thread of VSE Service or any other service over the port.

I started VSE Service again and then checked with same command, it is again running over 12008.

Cheers..

Shivam Garg

• 13.  Re: How to change running port for VSE Service ?

Posted Feb 26, 2018 02:45 PM

Thanks.  Is this listening on IPv6 and not IPv4?  I had an issue not long back where the IPv6 port was not mapped to IPv4. In my scenario, I was seeing a connection refused.  When I bound the listener to 0.0.0.0, I got the IPv4 address and the problem went away. I do not know if this is the case. But, if you are using IPv6, be sure to let the support team know that.

• 14.  Re: How to change running port for VSE Service ?

Posted Feb 26, 2018 02:16 AM
      |   view attached

ok will raise.

Attachment(s)

zip
    portecle-1.9.zip   3.26 MB 1 version