Clarity

• 1.  Time Slicing - DWH

Posted Feb 22, 2018 04:35 PM

I am on Saas and recently upgraded to 15.2 but I am unable to obtain time sheet data before 2.1.17 and nothing after the upgrade.  Is there a new job that needs to be set up to do this?

• 2.  Re: Time Slicing - DWH

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 22, 2018 05:46 PM

Hi Donna,

Can you please let me know the report name you are running. 

If you had upgraded from a version which used DWH and was able to view the reports, I dont see a reason why you should not be seeing in 15.3. 

Can you please check if the check boxes under DWH Options are checked. 

https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/15-3/en/administration/configure-the-data-warehouse-and-advanced-reporting-domains 

In the above URL, search for Configure the Data Warehouse

The setting is under Administration - System Options(under General Settings) - Datawarehouse Options

Please run Load DWH full load after checking the boxes. 

Thanks,

Jerin

• 3.  Re: Time Slicing - DWH

Posted Feb 23, 2018 11:01 AM

Jerin,

I am running the OOTB Resource Time and Summary Detail and I was also doing Ad Hoc.  The timesheets I know have been posted.

The DWH is configured that way as well.  

• 4.  Re: Time Slicing - DWH
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 25, 2018 06:12 PM

Hi Donna,

The Resource Time and Summary Detail uses DAILYRESOURCETIMECURVE  time slice curve. 

So you might want to check the start date of this Slice curve. If the TS request is starting in Feb 2017, then that is the reason, why you are not able to see timesheets prior to that... 

The below documentation has a detailed  explanation of the report pre requisites and how the fields are calculated... 

Resource Time Summary and Detail - CA PPM - 15.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Thanks,

Jerin