CA Service Management

• 1.  Export button generating duplicate records

Posted Feb 23, 2018 07:58 AM

Hi guys,

Has anyone here faced the difficulty of having duplicate records in the XLS file generated by the Export feature in search forms?
    I know there are two options in SDM that influence the behavior of this feature, as described in the document When a list of records (example list of incidents) - CA Knowledge 
    I wanted to hear from you if it was necessary to change any of these options ...
    If you can help, thank you.

• 2.  Re: Export button generating duplicate records
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 23, 2018 09:29 AM

Hi Daniel,

From my understanding as long as the 2 variables are set the same it should never have a duplicate so, yes changing it should fix it. However, if the numbers are too big, it might cause an export failure. The limit is environment specific so you would have to experiment with it.

The reason why the issue happens for example is because lets say it is set to 250 and 500. It grabs records 250 at a time max of 500 records. So if you have 500 or more records it will grab it twice. So for instance lets say you have tickets

The first grab would be

If someone creates a ticket in the meantime you would now have tickets 501...1. So now the 2nd grab would have 250.....1 as the first grab technically would have been 501...251. So now you see a duplicate of 250.

This is kind of what I get from the KB article...

When a list of records (example list of incidents) - CA Knowledge 

• 3.  Re: Export button generating duplicate records

Posted Feb 23, 2018 09:44 AM

Hi Anthony,

The only variable I have set in my environment is NX_EXPORT_MAX_FETCH_ROWS = 5000.
    What value would be appropriate for the NX_EXPORT_FETCH_GROUP_SIZE variable?

• 4.  Re: Export button generating duplicate records

Posted Feb 23, 2018 09:50 AM

If you want no chance of a duplicate, both need to be the same. You can try 5000 and if exports start failing, lower both.

• 5.  Re: Export button generating duplicate records

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 26, 2018 12:15 PM

Daniel........

Did the information provided by Anthony address your issue with duplicate records when exporting from CA SDM?

If so, please mark one of Anthony's responses as correct so that this thread can be closed.

• 6.  Re: Export button generating duplicate records

Posted Feb 26, 2018 01:52 PM

Mark done! Thanks.

• 7.  Re: Export button generating duplicate records

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 26, 2018 02:04 PM

Thanks Daniel!