CA Service Management

• 1.  After 14.4 roll up patch on 14.1 ca service desk all the color for all mandatory field from incident/req/chg page has gone

Posted Feb 23, 2018 08:26 AM

We have recently upgraded our ca service desk 14.1 to 14.4 rollup patch . after upgrade ca service desk all the color for all mandatory field from incident/req/chg page has gone , any suggestion on how to bring it back.

• 2.  Re: After 14.4 roll up patch on 14.1 ca service desk all the color for all mandatory field from incident/req/chg page has gone

Posted Feb 23, 2018 09:17 AM

Hi Kunal,

What do you mean by color? Do you mean after hitting Save, if a mandatory field is not filled out it gets a red highlight or was there color before hitting save? As far as I see in 14.1 CUM#4 Rollup1 the highlight after failed save is still there.

• 3.  Re: After 14.4 roll up patch on 14.1 ca service desk all the color for all mandatory field from incident/req/chg page has gone

Posted Feb 26, 2018 11:09 AM

the color was sent as default for the mandatory fields 

• 4.  Re: After 14.4 roll up patch on 14.1 ca service desk all the color for all mandatory field from incident/req/chg page has gone

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 26, 2018 12:01 PM

Kunal, can you show a picture here so the guys can fully understand? Thanks _Chi

• 5.  Re: After 14.4 roll up patch on 14.1 ca service desk all the color for all mandatory field from incident/req/chg page has gone

Posted Feb 26, 2018 02:09 PM

I don't believe there was ever a case out of the box where the color is different for mandatory fields before Save. I think that was a customization and maybe the upgrade broke your customizations.

• 6.  Re: After 14.4 roll up patch on 14.1 ca service desk all the color for all mandatory field from incident/req/chg page has gone

Posted Mar 05, 2018 08:33 AM

could you let me now which file should have that property , i will try and compare the file with the backup files in-order to identify if there was any customization done on that. 

• 7.  Re: After 14.4 roll up patch on 14.1 ca service desk all the color for all mandatory field from incident/req/chg page has gone

Posted Mar 05, 2018 08:38 AM

Hi Kunal,

Most likely its the detail form for that object, and possibly a CSS or .JS file.  After the upgrade, you would have needed to update your custom forms or use the customization upgrade utility which you can find out more about here: The Customization Upgrade Utility 14.1.04.1 - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Note that the utility will only work on HTMPL and CSS files, and will not work on .JS files.

Hope this helps,
    Jon I.

• 8.  Re: After 14.4 roll up patch on 14.1 ca service desk all the color for all mandatory field from incident/req/chg page has gone

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 26, 2018 12:55 PM

Also Kunal, have you replaced all of your custom files with the new version delivered by the applied fixes?  As well as clearing cache on the browser.

Thank you,

Richard