Release Automation

• 1.  Oracle 12c R2

Posted Feb 26, 2018 10:14 AM

Hi, we are going to install RA 6.5. We need to know if Oracle 12c R2 is supported.

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Oracle 12c R2
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 26, 2018 01:03 PM

Hi Julio,

According to the documentation (found here: System Requirements - CA Release Automation - 6.5 - CA Technologies Documentation) it states the following support for 12c:

• Oracle 12c support requires the following:
        • If you use a container configuration of Oracle 12c, use the provided SID name and not the instance name. To determine the container configuration of your Oracle database, run the following query as a user with sysdba privileges: select cdb from v$database. A reply of YES indicates a container database. To find the container name and status, run the following query: select name, open_mode from v$containers.
        • You must apply the following Oracle patches, which are available from the Oracle support website:  
          • Linux: Patch 18430870
          • Windows: 
            • 12.1.0.1: Patch 18 (12.1.0.1.18)
            • 12.1.0.2: Patch 4 (12.1.0.2.4)

It looks like 12c R2 would be reflected by a release version of 12.2.x.x. So it doesn't appear that we officially certified that version (released May 2017 - RA 6.5 released August 2017). I'll send a note out to see if anyone might have asked about this and what the recommendation was. 

Kind regards,

Gregg

• 3.  Re: Oracle 12c R2

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 16, 2018 06:14 AM

Hi , 

I checked this and at the moment we do not officially support RA with oracle R12c R2.

There is a user story for it to be included in a future release which is at the moment in RA 6.6.1 .

I would advice to raise a idea for it so product management is aware of this request .

Regards Dirk