Rally Software

• 1.  Milestone Burnup using Prelim Est

Posted Feb 27, 2018 12:29 PM

Hi,

I'm new to Rally and I was looking for a report like "Milestone Burnup", but with backlog being calculated from Preliminary estimate (from the Epics) and not using Leaf Story Plan Estimate points (from the User stories).

Even better would be if the graph could show backlog of "Leaf Story Plan Est" until today and from tomorrow and upwards if it can show "Prelim Est" from the epics.

Thanks!

Niveditha

• 2.  Re: Milestone Burnup using Prelim Est

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 09, 2018 06:14 AM

Hi Niveditha,

Unfortunately, it isn't currently possible for the chart to exclude the leaf items. We have received a request for this in the past, but this enhancement is not currently planned. If you are interested in it please visit https://ideas.rallydev.com/ideas/D4230  and add your vote and comments to help it gain more attention. 

• 3.  Re: Milestone Burnup using Prelim Est

Posted Mar 09, 2018 09:44 AM

Hey,

Thanks for responding. 

What about inclusion of Preliminary Estimate as well in the graph, without excluding the leaf items?

It would just be additional information.

Regards,

Niveditha

• 4.  Re: Milestone Burnup using Prelim Est
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 28, 2018 10:29 AM

Some of our teams are using the PSI Feature Burnup as a work around. We would LOVE a similar but more flexible app that can show burn up for a Milestone with the preliminary and refined estimates from the connected portfolio items.

The PSI Feature Burnup pulls release-based data from your lowest level portfolio items (Features) and can be filtered by higher level PIs and/or Milestones.  If you connect the Features directly to the Milestone (rather than letting them inherit from a parent PI) and include all of the Releases into which the Features are scheduled, you can get a burn-up chart that includes points plus Preliminary and Refined Feature Estimates.

• 5.  Re: Milestone Burnup using Prelim Est

Posted Mar 28, 2018 11:05 AM

Hey Terry,

The PSI Feature burnup you mentioned is a good work around. Thanks!

But its not as convenient as a  milestone burnup/cumulative flow chart if I want to make it work that way. I have suggested this as an idea in the idea manager. Let's see how that goes!

Regards,

Niveditha

• 6.  Re: Milestone Burnup using Prelim Est

Posted Mar 28, 2018 11:43 AM

Thanks for creating the idea, I'd been meaning to do that but hadn't gotten there yet.  I just voted for it.