Test Data Manager

Expand all | Collapse all

CA TDM Portal Service Issue

• 1.  CA TDM Portal Service Issue

Posted Feb 27, 2018 02:35 PM

Hello Team,

I am  getting below error after restarting the server machine. I am not able to start CA TDM Portal Service or Orient DB service. Below is the error from the TDM Portal log:

STATUS | wrapper | 2018/02/27 14:18:50 | http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.com
    STATUS | wrapper | 2018/02/27 14:18:50 | Licensed to CA, Inc. for CA Test Data Manager
    STATUS | wrapper | 2018/02/27 14:18:50 |
    STATUS | wrapper | 2018/02/27 14:18:50 | Launching a JVM...
    INFO | jvm 1 | 2018/02/27 14:18:51 | Error occurred during initialization of VM
    INFO | jvm 1 | 2018/02/27 14:18:51 | java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object
    ERROR | wrapper | 2018/02/27 14:18:51 | JVM exited while loading the application.

Could you please help me on this.

Thanks,

Nikhil

• 2.  Re: CA TDM Portal Service Issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 27, 2018 03:55 PM

Can you please restart the server again and try? Also please enable debugging mode on the TDM Portal and share the details if you are still facing issues.

CA TDM Portal Troubleshooting - CA Test Data Manager - 4.4 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: CA TDM Portal Service Issue

Posted Feb 27, 2018 04:18 PM

Thanks Anil for your reply. Currently the service is Stopped , when i try to start it i am getting the below error.

• 4.  Re: CA TDM Portal Service Issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 27, 2018 04:25 PM

Are you able to connect using datamaker? Is the repository up and running?

• 5.  Re: CA TDM Portal Service Issue

Posted Feb 28, 2018 11:03 AM

Hello Anil, Yes i was able to connect to repository using Datamaker. I reinstalled the portal and the issue got resolved.

Thanks,

Nikhil

• 6.  Re: CA TDM Portal Service Issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 27, 2018 04:37 PM

Hi Nikhil,

With the logs in Debug mode, are you seeing anything at a glance that is concerning?

You might see items indicated by [Warn] or [Debug], etc.. 

Have you upgraded recently?  If not, were there any other changes made to the environment?

Thank you,

Ryan

• 7.  Re: CA TDM Portal Service Issue

Posted Feb 28, 2018 11:09 AM

Hello Ryan,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes we upgraded portal recently and everything was working fine until i changed some IIS and TLS settings on the server and rebooted the server. I did a re-install of the Portal and now it is working fine.

Regards,

Nikhil

• 8.  Re: CA TDM Portal Service Issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 27, 2018 04:43 PM

Hi Nikhil,

I agree with Anil and Ryan on the debug measures.  However, if you cannot wait to get this up, please open a Support Ticket and let's get a WebEx with Support going.

Cheers!
    Les.

• 9.  Re: CA TDM Portal Service Issue

Posted Feb 28, 2018 11:09 AM

Thanks for your response les. Issue got resolved after re-installation of Portal.

• 10.  Re: CA TDM Portal Service Issue
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 28, 2018 09:00 AM

Hi Nikhil, 

We have seen this issue in past support cases. Can you please try the following resolutions that have worked in the past?

1. Try a java -version from the command window at C:\Program Files\CA\CA Test Data Manager Portal\jre\lib. If you receive the same errors, it's possible that this folder was corrupted. 

You can try a LibComp between two different TDM environments and copy the missing files to the location experiencing the error. 

Here are some things that can cause this issue:

- Anti-virus software could have removed the files from the JAVA folders - however, nothing was in the Anti-Virus logs stating that containment was needed. 

- The files could have been accidentally deleted. 
    https://coderanch.com/t/603352/java/Error-occurred-initialization-VM
    The above link basically states that JAVA is missing its own files.

2. Uninstall and reinstall again.

If you are still experiencing issues, please open a support case by going to Contact CA Support - CA Technologies 

• 11.  Re: CA TDM Portal Service Issue

Posted Feb 28, 2018 11:10 AM

Thanks Taylor. Seems like something got corrupted in JRE folder , i did a re-install and now everything works fine.

Regards,

Nikhil

• 12.  Re: CA TDM Portal Service Issue

Posted Feb 28, 2018 11:13 AM

I'm glad that helped. If it ever comes up again, please feel free to reach out.