IT Process Automation

• 1.  Edite or  fordwarding an E-mail

Posted Feb 27, 2018 11:29 AM

Hello people

Is There any option or anybody have already did this.

I have an e-mail on a office 365, i have a proccess in PAM that get the mail content and create a USD ticket, but i need update the email with the number of the ticket. is possible edit the email? i was thinking on take the email proceesed and fordwarding the same email and add the ticket number the problem is the attached images, and the HTML format. beacuse when i send the email dont take the format and cannot send the attached images

Any idea, Thanks for your help

• 2.  Re: Edite or  fordwarding an E-mail

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 28, 2018 09:06 AM

This would depend on the design of your process.  If you are using the out-of-the-box "Get Email Content" operator, the results of this operator are in a variable called something like this:

Process.Get_Email_Content_1.MessageContent

You should be able to manipulate that variable after this operator has run to add/remove data from it before passing that to Service Desk.

If you are using the "Send Mail" operator to send the data to Service Desk, you can put variables into the properties of that operator to be the edited content from the "Get Email Content" operator.  This shouldn't change anything with attachments.

• 3.  Re: Edite or  fordwarding an E-mail

Posted Feb 28, 2018 12:11 PM

Hello Andrew, thanks for your help i have this email with integrated images

but i need to forward this email with the same images, but the get_email_operator get the content like this

the image set to [Image:xxxxxxxxxx]

any idea thanks for your help

• 4.  Re: Edite or  fordwarding an E-mail

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 28, 2018 12:53 PM

What does your process currently do to include the images?  Or is that part of the problem that you aren't able to get the images either way?

• 5.  Re: Edite or  fordwarding an E-mail

Posted Feb 28, 2018 01:32 PM

I take the pictures separately, but it is possible to forward the mail with the embedded images or this would have to be assembled in a different html

• 6.  Re: Edite or  fordwarding an E-mail
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 01, 2018 08:33 AM

I'm not aware of a way to embed images into the email you are sending from PAM.  But back to your original question, you should be able to do the same thing you are doing now, but modify the message contents before building and sending the new email.  I assume you are adding the images as attachments to the Send Email operator and then putting the message from the "Get Email Contents" operator into the message field of the Send Email operator.  You can add a step of modifying the message before adding it to the Send Email operator to add the information you wanted to add.