Service Virtualization

• 1.  Issue with redeployment of older version of same service

Posted Feb 27, 2018 02:55 PM

Hi all,

I have two different versions of the same virtual service. One is the older version and the other is the new/evolved version. 

Currently I have deployed the new version. And I want to go back to the older version. Hence I go to the vsm file of the older version and right click and try to deploy it. The tool asks "This service already exists. Do you want to override?". I accept and deploy the older version. 

After this, if I test it, it's still sending the responses from the new version.

What could be the reason? Is this an issue with the tool? Or am I doing something wrong here?

abrsh01

J_NeSmith

monika_mehta

Deleted User

• 2.  Re: Issue with redeployment of older version of same service
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 27, 2018 04:08 PM

Hi,

I've seen this behavior before and, regrettably, I haven't been able to consistently reproduce it.  I hope someone here can shed some light on it.

In the meantime, go into "vseDeploy" and delete the "*.mar" and "*.tracking" associated with your service.  Also, delete the appropriate line in ".services".  Reboot VSE.  Now, you should be able to redeploy.

--Mike

• 3.  Re: Issue with redeployment of older version of same service

Posted Feb 27, 2018 07:33 PM

+1 on what Mike_Gavaghan says. 

Also, if you are running DT v10.2, check c:/<users>/DevTest/vseDeploy, where <users> is your logged in user ID, and make certain the service (.mar and .tracking) is not present there.