Release Automation

• 1.  CA Release automation for Informatica workflow process

Posted Feb 28, 2018 02:40 AM

Hi Team,

Can you please help me out how the process goes for Informatica workflow process using CA Release automation.

If you could tell me the steps I need to follow and if any documents it will be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  Re: CA Release automation for Informatica workflow process
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 28, 2018 09:38 AM

Hi 

Could you explain a bit more what your are trying to accomplish and what information you need ? 

Regards 

Dirk 

• 3.  Re: CA Release automation for Informatica workflow process

Posted Mar 20, 2018 01:31 AM

I need to know how the automation process works for Informatica workflow.

I need to know the steps that we need to follow from CARA, since i can see from your document and found some details.

But if i get any screenshot for such explanation it will be useful for me. Or else let me know the steps to follow.

• 4.  Re: CA Release automation for Informatica workflow process

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 20, 2018 04:12 AM

Hi Pradeep,

Here is readme of Informatica PowerCenter action pack.

ftp://ftp.ca.com/pub/dpm/ReleaseAutomationActions/ActionPacks//nolio-informatica-powercenter-actions/ActionPack.pdf

The action pack calls pmrep command utility of PowerCenter.

For example, [IPC - Create Deployment Group] action calls like following command.

pmrep createdeploymentgroup -p [Deployment group name] -t [Deployment group type] -q [Query name] -u [Query type] -c [Comments]

However, the action pack was certified on old platforms. So, I recommend to use "Run Command Line" action instead of this action pack. You can call PowerCenter command from RA with the action.

I found the details of pmrep command in Informatica site. (Jump to external site from CA.)

https://kb.informatica.com/h2l/HowTo%20Library/1/0083-DeploymentUsingPmrepCommands.pdf 

I hope it helps you.

Thanks

Yas

• 5.  Re: CA Release automation for Informatica workflow process

Posted Apr 06, 2018 06:46 AM

Thank you so much for your clear explanation....