Test Data Manager

• 1.  Unable to delete data source from environment in TDM portal

Posted Feb 28, 2018 05:59 AM

I'm trying to create some Test data models in the TDM portal. However every time I create an environment I'm unable to delete data sources from it after I've added them. Also, when I create a new environment it already has the data source from the environment I previously created (which I also can't rename or delete).

I'm on version 4.4.0.10, logged in with full admin priviliges.

Names and delete action are grayed out for an existing environment:

And a new environment contains the same data sources straight away, which I also can't rename or delete:

Currrently the only way to edit environments is to delete them and create a new one, but for some reason I also have to delete the models that use the environment which is extremely inconvenient of course.

• 2.  Re: Unable to delete data source from environment in TDM portal
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 28, 2018 07:06 AM

Hi,

The behavior you are seeing is expected, this is the current design of the environment model i will pass your comments onto the product management team to get there comment.

Regards

Keith

• 3.  Re: Unable to delete data source from environment in TDM portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 02, 2018 04:12 AM

Hi,

The product management team are reviewing the way that we handle data sources and environments and a defect has been raised so this can be evaluated by engineering.

Regards

Keith

• 4.  Re: Unable to delete data source from environment in TDM portal

Posted Mar 05, 2018 04:08 AM

Thanks for your response. I'll try and work around it for now, but a fix would make it a lot easier to use.