Top Secret

• 1.  Enhancing New password Rules for Central Type acids

Posted Feb 28, 2018 05:07 AM

I would like to know whether TOP SECRET supports enhanced NEW Password rules for Central type acids , i.e. ' for USER Type acids , NEWPW(MIN=06) is enforced but I would like Central acids to have MIN=08 . Can this be achieved without changing TSSINSTX code ? If TSSINSTX should be modified , what control block should be queried to determine if ACID is Central ?

Thanks in advance 

• 2.  Re: Enhancing New password Rules for Central Type acids

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 28, 2018 03:18 PM
    TSS r15 fix RO70449 adds support for a new control option, PWADMIN(YES|NO).  Feature is on r16 and needs no maintenance.

PWADMIN(YES) enforces NEWPW controls during TSS command administrative password changes (also checks password history for identical passwords), and does not allow expiration interval changes.

PWADMIN(NO) (Default) Does not enforce NEWPW rules (or check password history) during TSS command administrative password changes and allows expiration interval changes.

Note: When PWADMIN(YES) is active, the NEWPW MINDAYS option is not enforced.
    This is documented at the following link:
    Regards,
    Joseph Porto - CA Level 1 Support

• 3.  Re: Enhancing New password Rules for Central Type acids

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 28, 2018 03:34 PM

Asher,

Also.....you cannot have different password rules for the SCA and regular users. This functionality doesnt exist in the product.

You can add user written custom code in TSSINSTX to have different password rules for the SCA. Designing, adding and maintenance of the user written custom code, is the users responsibility and not supported by CA.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

• 4.  Re: Enhancing New password Rules for Central Type acids

Posted Mar 04, 2018 08:16 AM

Thank you Joseph ,

So , in order to proceed , I need to find out the type of acid that is trying to change his password and do some additional tests for CENTRAL TYPE acids .

What control block can be used in TSSINSTX to check type of acid ?

Regards ,

Asher

• 5.  Re: Enhancing New password Rules for Central Type acids

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 06, 2018 05:10 PM

Asher,

Sample skeletan TSSINSTX can be found in the SRC0 library we provide.

TSSINSTX source has a installation exit parameter list called #INSTXPL which can be found in the MAC0 library we provide. Contains many fields available to the TSSINSTX exit.

In that parameter list you will see TXACTYPE which will tell you the acid type.

Regards,

• 6.  Re: Enhancing New password Rules for Central Type acids

Posted Mar 18, 2018 05:11 AM

Thank you , Joseph,

Currently ' no further assistance is needed .

Best regards ,

Asher