Clarity

• 1.  CA PPM 15.3 - New Ux and Blueprints

Posted Mar 02, 2018 02:23 AM

We just had our Dev environment migrated to 15.3. I am playing with the blueprints and other features in the New Ux.
    I have few questions on it.

1. Do we have control over the theme of the New Ux as we had for the Classic View?

2. The attributes from Project and Investment Object are available for configuration in the Blueprint, is there any other object that is enabled for blueprint?

3. There are a few Out of the Box fields like Status, Progress which are not available for blueprints. Though they are not of the type dependent lookup, attachment or URL, there API Attribute IDs are disabled. is there anyway that we can bring them over to the New Ux?

4. There are few attributes such as Flexibility Risk, Funding Risk (I am not sure they are OOB or they are part of an add-in) are also not enabled for blueprints. They reside in the INV_PROJECTS table. They are all static lookups. But, still they aren't available for blueprints

5. is the Projects List in the New Ux displayed using REST API (As API Attribute ID is mandatory for New Ux) ?

Just wanted to know what you guys think about the above questions

• 2.  Re: CA PPM 15.3 - New Ux and Blueprints
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 02, 2018 02:53 AM

Few of the answers in line 

1. Do we have control over the theme of the New Ux as we had for the Classic View?

Suman: No theme is constant here 

2. The attributes from Project and Investment Object are available for configuration in the Blueprint, is there any other object that is enabled for blueprint?

Suman:  The Standard Project blueprint includes the following modules:

• Conversations
    • Tasks
    • Links
    • Status

Details can be found here https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/15-3/en/using/getting-started-with-the-ca-ppm-new-user-experience/new-user-experience-confi… 

3. There are a few Out of the Box fields like Status, Progress which are not available for blueprints. Though they are not of the type dependent lookup, attachment or URL, there API Attribute IDs are disabled. is there anyway that we can bring them over to the New Ux?

Suman: Not at this point The Standard Project blueprint includes the following modules:

• Conversations
    • Tasks
    • Links
    • Status

4. There are few attributes such as Flexibility Risk, Funding Risk (I am not sure they are OOB or they are part of an add-in) are also not enabled for blueprints. They reside in the INV_PROJECTS table. They are all static lookups. But, still they aren't available for blueprints

Suman: Answered as above 

5. is the Projects List in the New Ux displayed using REST API (As API Attribute ID is mandatory for New Ux) ?

To configure a project blueprint, verify that all required fields are available to the blueprint. For example, to configure a blueprint for marketing projects, verify that all marketing-related fields are added to the Project object in Classic CA PPM. Also, enable the fields for API access by specifying an API Attribute ID for them in the attribute details. See CA PPM Studio Objects and Attributes for details.

Adding the API Attribute ID to the following attribute types in CA PPM Studio is not supported. Also, you cannot configure these attribute data types to appear on the  blueprints Fields list:

• Custom time-scaled value (TSV)
    • Attachment
    • URL

The following project attributes are not available to appear on the blueprint Fields list:

• % Complete Calculation Method     
    • Actual Cost     
    • Approved
    • Blueprint Active ID     
    • Budgeted Capital Cost     
    • Budgeted Cost Finish (date)    
    • Budgeted Cost Start (date)     
    • Budgeted Cost Total     
    • Budgeted Operating Cost    
    • Cost Type     
    • Currency Code        
    • EAC Sum for Labor Resources    
    • ETC Sum for Labor Resources     
    • Financial Status    
    • Investments Using     
    • Last Used     
    • Planned Cost Total    
    • Priority    
    • Template

You can also add OBS fields to blueprints and enable them for API access.

Ref: https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/15-3/en/using/getting-started-with-the-ca-ppm-new-user-experience/new-user-experience-confi… 

https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/15-3/en/reference/ca-ppm-studio-development/ca-ppm-studio-objects-and-attributes 

Hope this helps 

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 3.  Re: CA PPM 15.3 - New Ux and Blueprints

Posted Mar 02, 2018 04:14 AM

Hi,

Can we have red asteriskto indiacate mandatory custom attributes in New UX Blueprints?

Why the attributes like  Progress and stage are not available for Blueprint which are not listed in the above exception.

Regards,

Rajkumar

• 4.  Re: CA PPM 15.3 - New Ux and Blueprints

Posted Mar 21, 2018 05:54 AM

Adding to Rajkumar's list of exceptions:
    I cannot add the attribute 'Goal' (goal_code) which is really an important field.

Is this a bug or a feature of the new UX?

Regards, David
    PS: I hope the User Experience will be better than the Administrator's Experience which is full of constraints and negative surprises :-/

• 5.  Re: CA PPM 15.3 - New Ux and Blueprints

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 22, 2018 09:31 PM

Hi David,

As of now, there is no plans to include any of these attributes with an API ID (reqd for blueprinting). 

If there is a strong business case, I would request you to log an idea in the ideation site and the product management should review it. 

Jerin   

• 6.  Re: CA PPM 15.3 - New Ux and Blueprints

Posted Mar 23, 2018 07:14 AM

Hello,
    thanks for the answer (we found a way to 'hard-code' the attributes that we need).
    My point was rather to challenge/criticise the (arbitrary) way CA product management selected the investment attributes that are available for blueprints, instead of leaving it to the customer to decide.

As I wrote, it 'feels' more like fixing a bug than adding a feature, creating a business case is imho the wrong too/approach.

Regards, David

• 7.  Re: CA PPM 15.3 - New Ux and Blueprints

Posted Mar 23, 2018 08:25 AM

Hi David,

What is the 'hard-code' way that you have mentioned?

Thank You.

Regards,

Velayutham Palaniappan

• 8.  Re: CA PPM 15.3 - New Ux and Blueprints

Posted May 14, 2018 02:30 PM

Just to add a couple of notes as I think one of your questions was around configuring the other objects on blueprint?

Example: Tasks- you can only select to have it included or not as a module on the blueprint. I have yet to see a way to configure it to add custom fields, even if those task attributes have an API. Only the project details/"object"  shows as available to configure  (Add custom fields to) in the blueprint.

Agree- the whole notion of "not supporting" the static dependent lookup has been delayed now for well over a year or more. Stage, for example, a very common attribute cannot be put on the blueprint. CA stated that they were either looking for a solution or a new way to handle this. This is not an IDEA/enhancement, this is common sense.   I too am finding more and more that is stopping our users from adopting the new ux. New clients may be ok but your existing clients are struggling  

The question on required fields: the asterisk (*) does show, but it is not red anymore. 

• 9.  Re: CA PPM 15.3 - New Ux and Blueprints

Posted Jul 03, 2018 05:03 AM

Would you please share the 'hard-code' approach to enable ootb fields for new UX?