Rally Software

Expand all | Collapse all

Does anyone know how to do a query for features which are not yet complete by story count, but you want to show features which have a specific project's stories accepted?

• 1.  Does anyone know how to do a query for features which are not yet complete by story count, but you want to show features which have a specific project's stories accepted?

Posted Mar 02, 2018 03:27 PM

I want to see Incomplete Features by story count which contain stories by some project, and all the stories by that specific project have been accepted. 

So far I have come up with a few queries to get the information but they don't seem to work, these are the two I have tried:

(((UserStories.ScheduleState = "Accepted") AND (UserStories.Project.Name contains "XES")) AND (PercentDoneByStoryCount != "1")

This displays stories in all states by those projects, I want to see Features which have all stories by those projects as accepted but feature not yet complete

(((UserStories.ScheduleState != "Defined") AND (UserStories.ScheduleState != "In-Progress") AND (UserStories.Project.Name contains "XES")) AND (PercentDoneByStoryCount != "1")

This one shows all Features which include stories that are in the Complete state along with Accepted. If I add Completed to my query, then nothing gets returned.

• 2.  Re: Does anyone know how to do a query for features which are not yet complete by story count, but you want to show features which have a specific project's stories accepted?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 07, 2018 04:32 PM

Nazareth.Escobedo

You might try this:

((UserStories.ScheduleState = "Accepted") AND (PercentDoneByStoryCount < "1"))

I tested this on my own workspace and found that it produces the results you have described based on how I understand your desired out come.

The query above is only displaying Features that have at least one User story set to Accepted but the Feature's PercentDoneByStoryCount id less than 100%.

• 3.  Re: Does anyone know how to do a query for features which are not yet complete by story count, but you want to show features which have a specific project's stories accepted?

Posted Mar 08, 2018 10:27 AM

Thank you for the reply @algkr01.

I've tried this and the problem with this query is that it also includes items that are not accepted, as long as the project has 1 story accepted, it will include all the others in the set attached to a specific feature. I would like to see only Features which have all stories by a project accepted (if stories are in other states, I don't want to see that feature). And feature not complete

• 4.  Re: Does anyone know how to do a query for features which are not yet complete by story count, but you want to show features which have a specific project's stories accepted?

Posted Mar 08, 2018 03:19 PM

I gave it a good try, but i'm stumped.  

• 5.  Re: Does anyone know how to do a query for features which are not yet complete by story count, but you want to show features which have a specific project's stories accepted?

Posted Mar 08, 2018 04:40 PM

I am going to submit a ticket for a bug, if the story status = "accepted" or condition set to >= "accepted", I would think that it should only show those stories that meet the criteria

Although, I can't easily find how to report a bug...

• 6.  Re: Does anyone know how to do a query for features which are not yet complete by story count, but you want to show features which have a specific project's stories accepted?

Posted Mar 09, 2018 05:30 AM

Nazareth,

You should be able to submit a case by clicking on the Support link at the bottom of the page in Agile Central or Contact Support under the question mark in the upper right corner if using Personalized Navigation.

More information about that is here:

https://communities.ca.com/docs/DOC-231178586-product-announcement-easy-access-to-ca-support-from-agile-central

Michael