CA Service Management

• 1.  login issue

Posted Mar 05, 2018 05:01 AM

Hello Team...

We have sometimes login issue facing. Attached is the screenshot. the same error i can see in logs.. but when i try relogin 1 time or 2 times more...then im able to login into servicedesk....what could be issue??

our sdm is integrated with eem. whereas sdm ldap is not integrated to AD yet .....is that the reason ??? is SDM ldap and eem both must integrated to AD to login successfully???

03/05 14:48:15.35 ITSD ldap_agent_nxd 59988 SIGNIFICANT bpobject.c 2587 Stats: imp(0) lcl(0) rmt(1,0) rmtref(0,0) dbchg(0)
    03/05 14:48:17.41 ITSD web:local 64596 SIGNIFICANT session.c 10282 Session 308106081:0x101D79D0 login by analyst ServiceDesk (cnt:80FEDC8ABE10AC46974276FE2537D4DF); session count 63

• 2.  Re: login issue
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 05, 2018 08:31 AM

Hi Aamir,

Few things here.  First the LDAP options in SDM are NOT for authentication, they are ONLY for importing/updating users, so that is not related to the authentication timeout you are having.   Your issue looks more like a performance issue of some sort - which could be on the SDM side OR the EEM side.   I am guessing your EEM is connected to an LDAP or AD server to authenticate the users.  If so, then most likely the delay is on the EEM side where its taking EEM a longer time than usual to get that user authenticated, and thus it takes longer to get the authentication token back to SDM resulting in that message.  Now I cant say for sure, but this is just a hunch based on what we know.   What I would do is right when the problem occurs, attempt to log into the EEM UI directly as the same user and see if there is any delay.  You can also look at the EEM logs to see if there are any timeouts or "unable to connect..." type of messages.

If that does not yield anything, then I would say to open a support case and an engineer will troubleshoot the issue with you.

Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: login issue

Posted Mar 05, 2018 12:46 PM

Thanks for the information Jon

• 4.  Re: login issue

Posted Mar 06, 2018 06:34 AM

Hi Aamir,

The following Knowledge Documents might help:

When using Embedded Entitlements Manager to handle - CA Knowledge 

Service Desk login process (boplgin) timeout - CA Knowledge 

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 5.  Re: login issue

Posted Mar 10, 2018 02:20 PM

Hi Brian thanks for the link shared.

can you tell me where can i find NX_env.tpl file....??? i cant find this in root folder....

• 6.  Re: login issue

Posted Mar 10, 2018 02:34 PM

$NX_ROOT\pdmconf

• 7.  Re: login issue

Posted Mar 10, 2018 03:13 PM

Brian

it is nx.env_nt.tpl ....r u referring this??

but the kb article saying nx_env.tpl.......

pls advise

• 8.  Re: login issue

Posted Mar 11, 2018 01:04 PM

Hi Aamir,

There is NO nx_env.tpl in SDM. The correct name filename is nx_env_nt.tpl.

What tech doc were you referencing so we correct this typo?

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 9.  Re: login issue

Posted Mar 11, 2018 01:09 PM

hi Brian

the one which u shared

above

On 11-Mar-2018 10:05 pm, "Brian_Mathato" <

• 10.  Re: login issue

Posted Mar 12, 2018 03:28 AM

Hi Aamir,

Please note the mistake you picked up in the KB article has been corrected.

===

Kind Regards,

Brian