Clarity

• 1.  CA PPM 15.3 - New User Experience Blueprints

Posted Mar 05, 2018 09:07 AM

Hi,

Can someone please clarify my below questions.

Can we have asteriskto indiacate mandatory custom attributes in New UX Blueprints?

Anyone have any idea why the investment attributes like  Progress and Stage are not available for Blueprint which are not listed in the exception list provided by CA in the below link.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/15-3/en/using/getting-started-with-the-ca-ppm-new-user-experience/new-user-experience-confi… 

Regards,

Rajkumar

• 2.  Re: CA PPM 15.3 - New User Experience Blueprints
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 12, 2018 10:04 AM

To answer you first question:

The asterisks are present in both the Blueprint layout and the related Details page of a project:

Blueprint layout:

Project Details page:

For your second question:

I am not sure, but the New UX is constantly evolving.

(For example, in CA PPM 15.3 you can only view the OBS fields for a project in the New UX.

But in CA PPM 15.4, which went GA on March 9th 2018, you can now edit the OBS fields (rights permitting).)

• 3.  Re: CA PPM 15.3 - New User Experience Blueprints

Posted Mar 19, 2018 09:52 PM

Hi Rajkumar,

Regarding your second question, the investment attributes like Progress and Stage are not available for Blueprints because they are not enabled for the New UX. There is no capability to provide an API alias for these attributes. Currently, we document the following (see the text in quotes) in our REST API documentation: REST APIs: CA PPM 15.4 On Premsie

"Also, the following project attributes that are available with the product as a default are not accessible by the REST APIs:

• Page Layout
    • Progress
    • Project Category
    • Status

The interactive REST API reference documentation allows you to query the attributes that the REST APIs support, You can also query your custom attributes."

However, I agree that maybe we should make this note in the Blueprints documentation too that you pointed out. We will consider making that update.

Thanks for your feedback!

Sarmistha