Release Automation

• 1.  Service Now Action Pack - still usable? - Getting connection timeout error

Posted Mar 05, 2018 09:30 AM

Hi,

we have a change of our service provider here in the company and they are using Service Now.

With CA Release Automation we need to create requests in Service Now automatically and I actually found an action pack for that.

But when trying to run a test with the "ServiceNow - Create New Entity" action I'm getting a timout on connect.

(1) Does this action pack still works with newer Serivce Now versions?

(2) Anyone have insight on what exactly the action does? (e.g. REST Call to Service Now)

(3) If this action pack doesn't work anymore, what's your advice on connecting to service now?

If required I can also open a case for that, but I thought I'm hitting up the community first

Thanks,

Michael

• 2.  Re: Service Now Action Pack - still usable? - Getting connection timeout error
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 07, 2018 03:41 AM

Hi Michael

The documentation says it supports

The following ServiceNow actions in this pack support ServiceNow Berlin, and later.

ServiceNow - Create New Entities
    ServiceNow - Get Entities Sys-ids
    ServiceNow - Get Entity Fields
    ServiceNow - Get Field Values
    ServiceNow - Update Entity

The other actions seems to support

The following ServiceNow actions are added and run on ServiceNow Eureka and later releases that support REST API.

It looks like we use a combination between REST and SOAP  the  Create New Entities seems to be SOAP .I would suggest to raise a case so we can have a look at the logs and see if this still works

with the current release of Servicenow.

Regards

Dirk

• 3.  Re: Service Now Action Pack - still usable? - Getting connection timeout error

Posted Mar 07, 2018 04:15 AM

Hi Dirk,

thanks.

I opened case 00980036

best regards

Michael

• 4.  Re: Service Now Action Pack - still usable? - Getting connection timeout error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 16, 2018 06:01 AM

Hi Michael ,

I marked this one as answered for now , according the support ticked we are working on this problem and we

will update this community thread when er determined the root cause.

Regards

Dirk