CA Service Management

• 1.  Is it possible to set custom timestamp?

Posted Mar 06, 2018 05:53 AM

There are two independent SD environments A and B. Users in B have no access to A. In some cases, we need to copy ticket from A to B and keep the ticket synchronize (status, SOLN events). We use CA Process Automation for this. There is no problem to create (copy) ticket or log entries but there is a problem to have the same timestamps in both environments.

Is there any supported way how to create ticket and activity log entries in B environment with the same timestamp that are in the related ticket in A environment?

Regards,

Milan

• 2.  Re: Is it possible to set custom timestamp?

Posted Mar 06, 2018 08:12 AM

Hi Milan,

I dont believe that would be able to be done unless the data itself were copied both ways every time an update was made to one or the other.  That would have to include the activity log entries for that ticket, the ticket itself, the notification log etc.  And on top of that, both systems would need to also have the same exact reference data with the same IDs for things such as organization, department, location, any CIs, contacts etc. .. any fields from other tables that are referenced by that ticket.  It gets even more complicated if tickets have SLAs, contracts, events that fire at certain times, workflow tasks etc, as those would also need to be brought over.  So this gets a quite complex and tricky.  Unfortunately Service Desk just was not really built for this type of integration.  It would require a TON of queries with joins to push and pull data, which would affect the performance of the system and could cause all sorts of errors and problems.

Anyone out there ever get something like this to work?  Any insight you can offer to Milan?

Thanks,
    Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Is it possible to set custom timestamp?

Posted Mar 06, 2018 05:34 PM

As long you are working with webservices , which I assume you do in PAM, the only problem I see is getting the same time stamp in the last_mod_dt attribute in both factories because these have a ON_CI SET NOW trigger defined. So regardless what was written to this attribute, it gets overwritten as soon the save(checkin) is done. 

All other date attributes should be setable/writeable, as far as I'm aware.

Regards

.............Michael

• 4.  Re: Is it possible to set custom timestamp?
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 07, 2018 08:26 AM

Thank Jon and Michael for the answers.  I was able to create activity log entry with custom time stamp using createObject method. It seems that createActivityLog method does not support this.

Regards,

Milan

• 5.  Re: Is it possible to set custom timestamp?

Posted Mar 07, 2018 10:35 AM

Thanks Milan.

Sounds great

.........Michael