CA Service Management

• 1.  predicted violation

Posted Mar 06, 2018 11:45 AM

Hi Team!

I have a problem with the visualization of the ticket and the planned violation, for example, the analyst opens a new incident and then, SDM attaches the type of service, for example, 8 hours (in this step there is no problem). After that, the analyst closes the window and looks for the incident and at this moment they see it as if the macro macro_predicted_violation = 1 has been completed. They see the incident marked with * and the color orange, there aren´t events completed that marke the incident with violation.

For example, this incident was open today 06/03/2018 11:30 and I see like predicted violation. The Event´s are pending and the event "SLA Notifica 75%" mark the incident like predicted violation. 

Someone have any idea?

Regards

• 2.  Re: predicted violation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 06, 2018 02:24 PM

Hi Johanna,

If you check the options related to Time-to-Violation in the Options Manager from Administration tab, is there any recent change in the options?  Look for the Last Modified Date on each ttv options.
    If the option is installed, it would have nx variable entry in the nx.env file. Verify the entry match with the options manager setting.

By the way, ttv_enabled - Important! This option requires that the classic_sla_processing option not be installed.

Regards,
    Derek

• 3.  Re: predicted violation

Posted Mar 06, 2018 02:43 PM

HI Derek!

Yes, the last options that I modified were the classic_sla_processing, I uninstalled that option last week and I see the change on the nx.env 

Regards

• 4.  Re: predicted violation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 06, 2018 03:24 PM

Hi Johanna,

What are the effects of keeping Classic_SLA_Processing set in the most recent releases of SDM? has info what the UI looks like when the option ON or OFF. Just for your reference.

Did you recycle service after uninstalled the option classic_sla_processing?  Does the problem start after uninstall or install the option?

Do you have secondary server if it is Conventional env?  If yes, verify the entry in nx.env file at all secondary server. 
    If it AA (Advanced Availability), check all App server nx.env file for that entry.

Regards,
    Derek

• 5.  Re: predicted violation

Posted Mar 06, 2018 03:55 PM

Hi Derek!

Yeah, I had read the link and then I decide to uninstall the classic_sla_processing . Thank you

about your question, Yes I recycle the service, the problem start after uninstall the option. No, only there is one primary server

Regards,

Johanna.

• 6.  Re: predicted violation
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 07, 2018 02:39 AM

What you're seeing is IMHO normal behavior. The OOB setting for Violation period is controlled by the TTV_HIGHLIGHT Timespan, which is by default the current day. So if a SLA is predicted to be violated on the current day, then you get the SLA Violation Predicton = true and the highlight. Quoting from the ttv_highlight option help:

The ticket number is highlighted only if one of its Time to Violation values is less than the date/time specified by the Timespan, "TTV_THRESHOLD". By default, this Timespan is set to show tickets with Time to Violation values less than midnight of the current day, for example, "today". You may modify this Timespan to any value.

• 7.  Re: predicted violation

Posted Mar 07, 2018 08:13 AM

Hi Cristi!

Yeah you're right.

Do you know if is possible change it? I mean don't mark the sla's violation until the event complete, for example event 75%

• 8.  Re: predicted violation

Posted Mar 07, 2018 09:00 AM

In the screenshot you offered, the ticket is not marked as SLA Violated, but as SLA Predicted Violation. It will be marked with two red stars when the actual violation occurs. If you would like not to have the SLA Predicted Violation calculated, then uninstall the ttv_highlight option.

• 9.  Re: predicted violation

Posted Mar 07, 2018 01:17 PM

Thank you Cristi.