CA Service Management

• 1.  change group automatically

Posted Mar 07, 2018 01:24 PM

Hi,

currently, I am working with an integration of CA SDM 17 with UIM 8.5 and all configuration is functional.

but the Integration configuration only allows to send the tickets to only one group. So in CA SDM we want configure an action macro to change the group automatically, after a time.

currently there is an action macro that change the ticket status:

Example:

{ "0" ,"set status of a request/incident/problem to closed",
    "misc::change_ticket_status(this, group_leader, attached_event, event_tmpl, 'CL');",
    "13010" ,"" ,"" ,"1" ,"" ,"" ,"cr" ,"macro:13010" ,"Set Status = Closed" ,"",
    "ACT" ,"" ,"" ,"" ,"" ,"" ,"" }

and we want to create a similar action macro to change the groups.

I changed the values, but the action macro was not executed

{ "0" ,"set group of a request/incident/problem to CPU",
    "misc::change_ticket_group_leader(this, status, attached_event, event_tmpl, 'WIP');",
    "1" ,"" ,"" ,"cr" ,"A3173C8844753B46932EA91C2D22F9E7",
    "Set group = CPU" ,"" ,"ACT" ,"" ,"" ,"" ,"" ,"" ,"" }

any idea?

Regards,

Marco V

• 2.  Re: change group automatically

Posted Mar 08, 2018 09:15 AM

Did you also define the misc::change_ticket_group_leader spell method ? Do you get an errors in the stdlog.x files ?

Note that there is an OOB Action Macro that does a Group transfer ('Transfer to Event Group') which can be used for the same purpose.

• 3.  Re: change group automatically

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 08, 2018 05:20 PM

Marco, can you elaborate change the group automatically? I mean, if abc then groupA otherwise groupB thing. Thanks _Chi

• 4.  Re: change group automatically
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 09, 2018 09:41 AM

Hi,

I've done that with the following:

{ "0" ,"set group myGroup", "// set group = 1st lvl\\0012// group id is mygroupID\\0012\\0012send_wait(0, this, \"call_attr\", \"group\", \"set_val\", \"U'mygroupID'\", \"SURE_SET\");", "" ,"" ,"" ,"1" ,"", "" ,"cr" ,"" ,"Set customer myGroup" ,"" ,"ACT" ,"" ,"", "" ,"" ,"" ,"" }

This is working for me.

Don't forget to change U'mygroupID' for your's group ID