Clarity

• 1.  OOB Portlet - Booking Status

Posted Mar 07, 2018 12:58 PM

Hi All, I'm trying to add Remaining allocation field to the OOB portlet - Booking status under Resource planning. This is available in the List column section to be added to the list view but not in the List filter view. Is there a way to add this field to the filter? And why not all fields not listed is the filter view of the portlet? 

Thanks in advance. 

Monica

• 2.  Re: OOB Portlet - Booking Status

Posted Mar 07, 2018 01:34 PM

If you open the filter fields and set the display to all fields you can see it there.

You can set it required, but that does not make it appear in the layout.

Could be related to the type of the field if it calculated on the fly.

• 3.  Re: OOB Portlet - Booking Status

Posted Mar 07, 2018 03:49 PM

Hi urmas, the field remaining allocation is being displayed in the Filed > All in filter view, but it doesn't show up when I try to add this to the filter layout. Not sure why is this not showing up in filter layout. I tried enabling the option "Required in Filter" - but this is still not showing up in my filter. 

• 4.  Re: OOB Portlet - Booking Status

Posted Mar 08, 2018 03:58 AM

That exactly what I said above.

Join

CA PPM askCA: A Live Online Chat (March 2018)

today and ask the question there.

• 5.  Re: OOB Portlet - Booking Status

Posted Mar 09, 2018 03:53 AM

The response was that it is a virtual attribute and those and calculated attributes are usually not available for filters.

Consider this:

If you set a filter value for a virtual/calculated attribute and filter then the system would have to calculate the value for every record before it is known whether there is a match or not. That is not very effective performance and counter to the purpose of filtering.