kflan-gmMar 08, 2018 12:00 PM

kflan-gm

kflan-gmMar 08, 2018 12:00 PM

• 1.  SYSLIB concatenation error

Posted Mar 07, 2018 07:02 PM

MS3SCDAT                      SYSLIB ALLOCATE ERROR, RC=12       

MS3SCDAT                      LINK-EDIT FAILED                   

***** INSTALLATION FAILED *****    

We recently copied a CA Gen environment to another sysplex.  Not surprisingly our syslib concatenation has some sort of issue.  Unfortunately, I'm not seeing where this is built from and hence how to update it.  (Or even what it consists of.)

How do I find SYSLIB info and update it?

• 2.  Re: SYSLIB concatenation error
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 07, 2018 09:49 PM

Hi Kevin,

The installation control generated for the load module should have the SYSLIB concatenation that you can check.

Also per this KB article SYSLIB Allocate Error during the linkedit install - CA Knowledge , check all the Internal & External Construction Library definitions in the Gen panels.

Construction Libraries in HE - CA Gen - 8.6 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Display the System Generation Functions - CA Gen - 8.6 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Hope that helps

Regards,

Lynn

• 3.  Re: SYSLIB concatenation error

Posted Mar 08, 2018 02:21 AM

Further to Lynn's reply above and the associated KB article if you are unfamiliar with activating debug within the CA Gen HE background facilities, you should aim to ensure that the install JCL is presented to you before submission (set 'Auto submit JCL' to NO within generation options). Proceed through the install process as normal for background job submission but this time, once the JCL is presented, locate occurrences of the string 'TIUDEBUG' within the job itself and then alter the current value (X) to (C). Then submit the job as normal. As it runs in background you will notice it producing significantly more output right down to the point where it will then start to concatenate the SYSLIB allocations - and thus hopefully provide you with more of a clue as to the cause of the allocation error. Hope this helps you further. 

• 4.  Re: SYSLIB concatenation error

Posted Mar 08, 2018 12:00 PM

thank you!

• 5.  Re: SYSLIB concatenation error

Posted Mar 08, 2018 12:00 PM

thank you!

• 6.  Re: SYSLIB concatenation error

Posted Mar 08, 2018 12:32 PM

We are doing some reading and checking...based on the previous replies, thank you...

I'm working with our CE Admin, who is trying to do rollout work without the mainframe IT piece, so much of this is new ground which IT used to take care of.

Below is what the syslib appears to have set up per the INSTC member.  One of my concerns is to ensure we update ALL things at the correct point rather than fix this one...Most of these syslibs are from the old system, however the cool65.load is the correct file for the new system, so we must have updated it, I'm just not sure how!  Again, we'll be reading through, and it looks to me like the External Libraries where they discuss Link Edit Concatenation is where we can update the values, but how does this get to these INSTC files?

E    TCMSS.MS3UF.MS7CG.INSTC(MS7P3900)        Lin

Command ===>                                         

LINKEDIT MS7P3900                                      

**  USING SYSLIB LIBRARIES AS FOLLOWS:            **  

SYSLIB   IMSVSD1.RESLIB                                not found

SYSLIB   D2M1.DSNLOAD                                 

SYSLIB   SYS2A.IBM.LINKLIB                             

SYSLIB   SYS1.CEE.SCEELKED                            

SYSLIB   TCMSS.MS3UF.MS7CG.NCALLOAD                   

SYSLIB   SYSV.CA.COOL65.LOAD                          

SYSLIB   TCMSS.MS3MA.MS3COM.RINCLLIB                  not found     

SYSLIB   TCMSS.SIRJW.MGO1.NCLLIB                      not found

SYSLIB   TCMSS.SIRJW.MGO1.EXELIB                      not found

SYSLIB   PMGO1.MGOCM.FIXD2.PGMLIB                     

SYSLIB   PMGO1.MGOCM.DEV2.PGMLIB                      

SYSLIB   PMGO1.MGOCM.FIXU.PGMLIB                       

SYSLIB   PMGO1.MGOCM.UAT.PGMLIB                       

SYSLIB   PMGO1.MGOCM.FIX.PGMLIB                       

SYSLIB   PMGO1.MGOCM.PROD.PGMLIB                      

SYSLIB   WZGX9N.MGO.EABLIB                            not found 

• 7.  Re: SYSLIB concatenation error

Posted Mar 08, 2018 02:08 PM

Hi,

The installation control file is generated by CA Gen during the installation phase so the issue is more where is it obtaining the library definitions from. However, before I elaborate further on how, within an HE, you get to these library definitions can you clarify that you're attempting to deploy onto the new sysplex without either an HE an IT (Implementation Toolset) in place? Viz...

"I'm working with our CE Admin, who is trying to do rollout work without the mainframe IT piece, so much of this is new ground which IT used to take care of."

...from this it seems you'd previously performed remote installs (RMT) files that would be picked up by a (remote) IT for processing? Correct? If you've copied a CA Gen environment to the new SYSPLEX as implied why is the expected CA Gen infrastructure not being emulated...or have I missed something? 

Anyway, hope this is of some help...

• 8.  Re: SYSLIB concatenation error

Posted Mar 08, 2018 04:20 PM

Gary, I'm the sysprog that gets to help our CA Gen applications folks rework their old process.  The old process they were using employed the MF IT piece to roll things out.  Since this is a separately licensed feature, which was not previously an issue, our CE Admin has been asked to do the same work with HE instead of IT.

We have the same SYSLIB issues when trying to do this work without IT on the original system this came from.  So on the old system, I'm pretty sure they did the work within IT to make this work for them, and never noticed (or cared) that that HE setup had issues.

And yes, the issue is where do these come from and what's the best way to make sure our setup gets everything updated, not just for this module.

• 9.  Re: SYSLIB concatenation error

Posted Mar 08, 2018 04:35 PM

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for clarifying and, in that context, you have my absolute empathy for your present predicament! I shall try and assist you further on that basis: your best bet is to obtain an HE construction guide for your CA Gen 6.5 release (have you considered upgrading? ;-)) and work through that but, in the absence of this, from the HE panels main menu, choose 4; 1, then choose the model/business system in question, then 5 (Specify target environment and construction libraries), then 2 (Specify Construction Libraries). You then need to work through the list of various library categories, including 4 (Specify external system load libraries). However, a lot of the libraries above look like application specific rather than system level viz...

RINCLLIB could be an Referential Integrity include (?) library, NCLLIB is probably the NCAL (object code) library, EXELIB the executable load library (fully resolved linked executables), EABLIB (CA Gen external application module library). 

...so best to check all the library categories in the list and then amend as required (if you make amendments don't forget to SAVE your changes!). Note also that if your model(s) has/have multiple business systems each of these has its own, potentially unique, set of library definitions - you'd need to try and locate which business system contain the module above (MS7P3900) to resolve that issue specifically but I suspect the problem is more generic. You should also refer to main menu option 4; 3 (RIT construction) as these are 'model wide' definitions and, again, may be unique thus 'adding to the mix' of SYSLIB allocations above. 

Trust this helps you a tad further! 

• 10.  Re: SYSLIB concatenation error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 08, 2018 04:40 PM

The best place to look for SYSLIB ALLOCATE or APPLOAD ALLOCATE errors is in the Installation Control library.  It seems you have found that some the libraries no longer exist by doing a 3.4 browse.  The libraries are specified on the Host in the Host Construction libraries (Internal, External, System, Compatibility).  When using the z/OS IT, they are specified in your location datasets defined in your Target.  If you do not understand this terminology or do not know how to navigate the panels, it would be best for you to open a case so that a support representative can walk you thru.  We would be glad to help.

Thanks, Letha

• 11.  Re: SYSLIB concatenation error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 08, 2018 04:54 PM

Further to Gary's response, you will need to replace or remove the libraries.  Your trigger libraries are defined under referential trigger generation.  If your triggers are statically link, this NCAL library is require so find the correct generated trigger NCAL or you will need to regen.  The IMS RESLIB is a system library.  It is not required in construction so remove.  If your install contains external action blocks (EAB), you will need to replace with the corrected executable load.  The other two appears to be internal NCAL and EXEC load libs and they need to be replaced with ones that exist or they need to be created.  DCB info is in the doc or open a case. 

Again, Thanks!

Letha

• 12.  Re: SYSLIB concatenation error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 08, 2018 05:07 PM

Kevin,

FYI If you need to open a Support case you can do so from here: 

https://comm.support.ca.com/csupport/CaseManagement/cases/new

Regards,

Lynn

• 13.  Re: SYSLIB concatenation error

Posted Mar 08, 2018 05:20 PM

Further to Letha's additional comments I also think it worth mentioning that you might well find a lot of redundancy in that library list in any event such that an evaluation of the contents might reveal you could quite conceivably consolidate all these myriad of application libraries into, as an example, a single NCAL (combining RIT, NCAL, EAB libraries). You also seem to have a concatenated PGMLIB list based on environment and, again, you might find this superfluous to what is actually required for a specific model/environment these days. If you moved to a post CA Gen 6.5 world you'd also find that the CA Gen load library reference could be removed because CA completely restructured the underlying z/OS runtime environment utilising dynamically (no longer statically embedded) called modules - so a new smaller runtime library needed to be referred to at runtime NOT link time. 

Just food for thought to perhaps simplify things in future but, as Letha rightly suggests, in terms of your immediate issue best to raise something in to support for additional guidance and recommendations about how best to proceed.

• 14.  Re: SYSLIB concatenation error

Posted Mar 13, 2018 04:37 PM

Wanted to let you all know this was due to there being two models, one of which we thought was the one being used, the other having all the "bad" entries.  Once we updated the second one, we were on the way.

Thanks to all!